home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Old 11-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #2076
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ft24 View Post
There is a DLL plugin for tuner pro and tuner rt that calculates the checksum properly
Yes
IpDown have made an excellent one, it is available on the site

YS
Jaybee
just send me a message
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #2077
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info

Quote:
Did you go thru the procedure to Install the DLL? I can't remember exactly, but after putting it there, there is something you have to open and choose the DLL.
I'd check, but my PC is waiting on a new graphics card...
Nothing more than to make sure it is activated in the XDF
Each XDF decides if /if not to use the plugin. Tunerpro program does not use it unless the XDF is set up to tell TP to use it.
And it is only executed upon hitting "save" the bin

YS
Jaybee
Old 11-03-2016, 09:56 PM   #2078
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Nothing more than to make sure it is activated in the XDF
Each XDF decides if /if not to use the plugin. Tunerpro program does not use it unless the XDF is set up to tell TP to use it.
And it is only executed upon hitting "save" the bin

YS
Jaybee
Is the v26 XDF setup to use it? That's what I'm using to edit the 951 bin. I still have the 1-1-2 error code & permanent CEL.

Only thing I can find referring to it is this (from here)

"Checksum is easy to update with IPDOWNs checksum plugin for Tunerpro.
More on this in separate section."

Also wondering if you know what values need to be entered to alter upshift settings

do numbers entered have to be divisible? I don't understand the whole 8-bit value thing - the numbers displayed don't seem to be related to any base in terms of division, so I don't know how to approach altering them to get a upshift point around 5K rpm.

My XR July2013 - 446AWHP @ 8K rpm C30 AWD conversion Feedback Thread

Last edited by lookforjoe; 11-03-2016 at 10:40 PM..
lookforjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #2079
turbotankshane
Board Member

Ok, so with the bin and xdf you're using open, hit ctrl+f2, go to the bottom and click the checksum tab, then add new, then find where you've got the checksum plugin saved. Should be set after that.
turbotankshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #2080
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Figured it out - you have to edit the XDF header - one of the category tabs is "Checksum" - from that tab, you use the drop down to select the LH24checksum which needs to be placed within the TP application folder. With that, when I save the modified bin, I get a "checksum updated" message on the bottom of the TP screen. I did a ECU hard reset, reloaded the bin into the Ostrich & the check engine light did not come back on (yet). I'll see how it goes after several restarts.

I dropped the constant #4 to 80% of original value (3306) and now I have 13.5-13.1 AFR under WOT instead of the 12.5 I had previously. That should be plenty rich enough for NA.

EDIT: Thanks Turbotankshane - looks like you posted while I was typing my reply ;)

Last edited by lookforjoe; 11-05-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Old 11-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #2081
Nimsport

Hey Lookforjoe, I worked out what i believe to be a way to change the shift light.

SO, Take your 6350 RPM limit value, divide by 255. Now times by that first value of 112... 2789 rpm that's about where it comes on from 1st to second
95 gives 2365
83 gives 2067
75 give 1867

As far as i can tell they're about right. Now I've not tested with a change of RPM limit so not sure if it's looked up from another part of the map or not. Also they are in a decreasing order, I've tried mixing it up but had some strange parts where the car didn't want to fuel cut on overrun, can't say for definite it was that but i changed it back and its never happened again. I've not worked out the VSS half of it but seems to work fine even though its a 940 engine / ecu in a k-jet 740 so different VSS tone ring
Old 11-07-2016, 09:35 AM   #2082
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimsport View Post
Hey Lookforjoe, I worked out what i believe to be a way to change the shift light.
Thank you - that seems to make sense - I'll try changing the numbers based on the revised rpm limit I am using. Using the /255 seems to be the key there.

I don't even have a speed sensor on mine, I'm using a Audi speedo cable adaptor that generates the speedo pulse, with a SpeedHealer to condition that for the Fiat speedometer. Works for giving the LH the signal for fuel cut on decel & idle control. Only issue I have is cold start /warm up idle is too low, so I have to look into that.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #2083
Nimsport

Take it you've changed the Idle speed map? There are 2, one for manuals and P/N auto and one for auto D/R/1/2/3. You can switch between the two by making pin 30 live (DR123) or not connected (PN/manual).
Ah yeah i used a VW golf one on my 360 but it just needed to tell LH what was going on.

That other set of values for the shift light - i can't work out what it does. I know on much newer Bosch ECU's they use a ratio between speed and rpm to give a value the ECU can look up to choose gear dependant torque limiters etc.
Nimsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #2084
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

I tried changing the (manual) rpm by temp table to raise the base idle during warmup - but there must be a specific range of values that are acceptable - when I saved the map & re openend it to check the values, they had all been replaced with "250". No matter if I re-inserted the stock (or any alternative) values the table stayed the same. I had to get another copy of the 951 bin & make my other revisions to that - I couldn't get the modified one to revert no matter what I tried. Not sure what else is being affected, but there must be another table that is impacted, I can't see any other reason for it not reverting when the stock values are re-inserted.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #2085
5ft24
Board Member

Check the properties of the file in Windows. It may be the file is read only
5ft24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #2086
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Check the properties of the file in Windows. It may be the file is read only
That wouldn't make any sense, as I have already edited the bin in TunerPro using the appropriate XDF.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #2087
5ft24
Board Member

It kind of makes sense if you can't save changes...
Old 11-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #2088
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
It kind of makes sense if you can't save changes...
I can save other table changes. Just not changes to the rpm/temp table.... in fact that's not accurate - as I said I did change the table values, and save the file. It did change the table values, just not to ones that are usable.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:54 PM   #2089
5ft24
Board Member

That is odd... Corrupt XDF file?
Old 11-14-2016, 04:52 AM   #2090
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info

Default hi

Hi

It could be some bug in the setup of the XDF.
Tunerpro has some hidden rules of what you are allowed to do / not allowed.
Sometimes these create unexpected behaviour.

You are using the 951 bin ?
I could see if I can cough up a more refined XDF for 951
Particularly if you would give me some feedback on what worked / or not

YS
Jaybee
Old 11-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #2091
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Hi

It could be some bug in the setup of the XDF.
Tunerpro has some hidden rules of what you are allowed to do / not allowed.
Sometimes these create unexpected behaviour.

You are using the 951 bin ?
I could see if I can cough up a more refined XDF for 951
Particularly if you would give me some feedback on what worked / or not

YS
Jaybee
Yes, I'm using the 951 v26 XDF
Absolutely
I'm focused on the warmup maps (rpm/temp, and any fueling related to warmup) that I need to refine for the Fiat installation
Old 11-19-2016, 04:38 AM   #2092
dudde

Hi. I know this is a little off topic but how do i get ostrich to work on my Volvo 740 Turbo with Motronic? When i upload the bin to ostrich and read the ostrich with my eprom reader it shows everything correct but the car won't start when i connect the ostrich to the ecu.. LH emulation works perfect on my other car so i know the ostrich works.. Please help..

Dudde
dudde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 AM   #2093
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudde View Post
Hi. I know this is a little off topic but how do i get ostrich to work on my Volvo 740 Turbo with Motronic? When i upload the bin to ostrich and read the ostrich with my eprom reader it shows everything correct but the car won't start when i connect the ostrich to the ecu.. LH emulation works perfect on my other car so i know the ostrich works.. Please help..

Dudde
Be more specific. What market 740, what ecu #, what bin # etc.. 740's never came with Motronic, so that may be an issue
Old 11-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #2094
dudde

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookforjoe View Post
Be more specific. What market 740, what ecu #, what bin # etc.. 740's never came with Motronic, so that may be an issue
Europe market and 740 came with Motronic i have 4 740 Turbo's with motronic ecu. The ecu # 0 261 200 026 / 023 / 012 are the ecu's i have. Thanks
Old 11-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #2095
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Europe market and 740 came with Motronic i have 4 740 Turbo's with motronic ecu. The ecu # 0 261 200 026 / 023 / 012 are the ecu's i have. Thanks
In that case, you need an TunerPro XDF to access the tables and bins for whatever gen Motronic you are running....
Old 11-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #2096
dudde

Quote:
In that case, you need an TunerPro XDF to access the tables and bins for whatever gen Motronic you are running....
Yes i have one but the car won't start with ostrich pluged in.. that's the problem. The bin file uploaded to ostrich is the same that i have on the chip and when i put the ostrich to my eprom reader it shows everything correct like on the chp.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #2097
ipdown
Член на форума

Quote:
Yes i have one but the car won't start with ostrich pluged in.. that's the problem. The bin file uploaded to ostrich is the same that i have on the chip and when i put the ostrich to my eprom reader it shows everything correct like on the chp.
Ostrich has segmented memory, with LH your bin occupies the last (top) 32K of it's address space. What size is your binary image? You should probably adjust Bin size (hex) and Base offset (hex) from the TunerPro XDF menu->View/Edit XDF header info.

P.S. Your bin is there, it is just not visible by the motronic processor at the right place.

Last edited by ipdown; 11-20-2016 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Additional note
ipdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #2098
Mika_

Quote:
I tried changing the (manual) rpm by temp table to raise the base idle during warmup - but there must be a specific range of values that are acceptable - when I saved the map & re openend it to check the values, they had all been replaced with "250". No matter if I re-inserted the stock (or any alternative) values the table stayed the same.
Check the that map properties what you tuned in XDF (key F2) and check if there is set limit values to the usable numerical values.

I have successfully tuned idle rpm to lower values in gear and P/N in my car and many other car's.
Reason for that was, my car didnt go lower speed than 40km/h if it was accelerated over 50km/h speed D gear. Reason was quite much torque low rpm's with E85 and ingnition map tuning.
Also i have raised temp based P/N idle cause could winter in finland and E85 fuel.

In idle maps there is some value range's what cause LH programcode crash totally.

I have used 954 bin in many car's. XDF what i use include allmost all maps what LH does have and i've tuned most of those. Most weirdest set-up wath i have tuned with 954 bin is B234FT engine.
And in EZK i have used 148 bin.

Only problems what i have notice's is with Ostric and EZK are some weird failures in new series Ostric and old with low memory battery. Nothing problems with LH.
That EZK failures can be prevented by using powerbank or computer connected to Ostric USB cable when engine is started.

I question of spark advance tuning there is one trick what you can use.

Use 148 bin or some other what use knocking enrichment function, never use EZK 16-valve turbo (F204FT) bin cause it's not supporting knock enrichment. Also do not use B204FT bin in LH, cause it also have lack of knocking enrichment feature.

Then do mod system like this:

You need 7,5v zener diode, 560 ohm resistor and RED led.

Connect it to some where switchable 12v (i've put mine to meter lightning) and connect so called VSS side to grey/red wire what goes EZK to LH (knocking enrichment triggering, pin 4 in EZK and pin 28 in LH).
I took +12V in meter panel over heat light (not in use FT-engine) and connect behind meter panel Grey-red wire.

And you get led what will light up when EZK is asking kocking enrichment from LH.
It need one knock one cylinder and next knock cause enrichment in same cylinder or if all cylinders have knock once it also activated. Also knock allways cause -3 degrees late in the sparck timing.

Led behave like this in start.
http://aijaa.com/jOztHW

And it will be light engine is running only when EZK ask knocking enrichment from LH.
Led will show you when EZK find engine is rotate, and when EZK find out so called "zero" point (missing thooht). And when LH think engine is running.
And it wont light never in normal engine running condition.
Mika_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #2099
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika_ View Post
Check the that map properties what you tuned in XDF (key F2) and check if there is set limit values to the usable numerical values.

That EZK failures can be prevented by using powerbank or computer connected to Ostric USB cable when engine is started.

In question of spark advance tuning there is one trick what you can use.

And it will be light engine is running only when EZK ask knocking enrichment from LH.
Led will show you when EZK find engine is rotate, and when EZK find out so called "zero" point (missing thooht). And when LH think engine is running.
And it wont light never in normal engine running condition.
Many thanks!

I will look at the map properties & see what's up there.

I had that problem with EZK & Ostrich, so I just switched to flashing chips for each change instead.

Many thanks for the knock warning indicator - that will be very useful for adjusting the timing map for my setup
Old 11-21-2016, 03:16 AM   #2100
dudde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipdown View Post
Ostrich has segmented memory, with LH your bin occupies the last (top) 32K of it's address space. What size is your binary image? You should probably adjust Bin size (hex) and Base offset (hex) from the TunerPro XDF menu->View/Edit XDF header info.

P.S. Your bin is there, it is just not visible by the motronic processor at the right place.
If I remember correct the bin is 4kb. 27c32 is the chip and 24pin.
But how come i can read the file from ostrich and it show up just like when i read the chip? I have the 28 pins from ostrich pluged in to the Socket booster and The Socket booster plugged to the eprom reader with 4 pins off at the notch side and set to 24pin on the switch it shows the full bin just like with the chip.
But when i plug the socket booster/ostrich setup with 4 pins off to the ecu the car won't start..