• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

YoshiFab b230f and 16v head in 16v subframe

jonaix

Does anyone have any photos on how to install a b230f shortblock motor into a 16v b234f subframe? I am told a piece needs to be cut out and then the correct motor mounts need to be installed... Any photos? Any tips of advice?

I assume you have a 740 car? The easiest would be to replace the front subframe with one from any 740 that has the regular b230 motor in it. Then your b230 motor will bolt right in with the b230 motor mounts and motor mount brackets.

Yes a 740 16v car... I was told by Yoshifab that there is a simple added piece that can be removed from the b234f subframe, and that that is the only difference between the b234 and the b230 subframe... can anyone confirm, or does anyone have the photos of from the parts or service manual? I will try and grab some screenshots. Does anyone have either of the part numbers?

I made a plate for mine (no particular reason really) that bolts to the block and changes the location of the motor mount on the block.

127793503.jpg

here's the bracket (to the right side, it's just the driver's side that's different)
127793508.jpg

Okay so there's just an obvious additional piece in the 16v car that can be cut off? Then the b230 mounts can nestle in there all nice and easy?

Yeah you just cut off the motor mount bracket on one side and there should even be holes already drilled underneath it.

Nice looks man! I understand now. Makes perfect sensimilliaaaa (if you're into that sort of thing). I mean car logic is the best logic, if it's a brick!!! May the forces be with us all who roll bricks for keeping bricks rolling! I appreciate it

Back