• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Strut Seized/Frozen Up?

flpanhandle

Posted this in maintenance, but will put here for input too.

Sorting through a new 240 addition to the family and have a question. I noticed when test driving that the right front felt like it pole vaulted over speed bumps. Had right front up on jack last night working on exhaust and upon lowering off jack, the right front is still up. Looks like strut is fully extended holding car up! No amount of jumping on the bumper will move it:lol: So I'm presuming that a strut can seize up? Ideas?

Thanks

i have this issue on my 740, the front left strut does that on cold days. Front end shop said it's water in the strut, although in florida, i'm not sure it would be cold enough to freeze it

yeah, for clarification no liquid is compressable but in florida the chances of water freezing are less likely than up in new hampshire, oil is not compressable either hence why struts have valves inside them condensation and poor or warn seal is likely the culprit

Back