• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 245 cargo liner substitutes

mattd1205

Happy New Years guys, I?ve got a 245 with an immaculate cargo area that doesn?t have any stains or damage. It?s the tan color interior so one wrong move and it?s stained forever. I?d really love to find an OE one but they seem to be pretty rare so I?ve given up on finding one at the junkyard for junkyard prices and I?m not willing to spend big bucks/shipping on one. Are there any substitutes from other cars that fit the cargo area of the 245 reasonably well?

Just put down a commercial liner
charcoal-trafficmaster-commercial-floor-mats-1001347-64_400.jpg

Card board, cut to fit, that's all I've ever used. I hauled 5 engine blocks to the machine shop once, no damage to the carpet.

Also you can find a liner from another car. I've grabbed them for subarus and some other cars which I can't remember.

Cardboard+tarp sits in the back of all my 245s, but the OE liner is the only thing that saved me from spilling a few gallons of diesel oil into the cargo area

WeatherTech makes a nice trim to fit cargo floor liner that?s really good for $50. It?s available in tan which is nice because I think black in a tan interior looks like ****. But I?m also a fussy *******

The pic I posted is from HD. The rugs come in different sizes. If you're going to carry liquids then perhaps a plastic under bed storage bin should work.

Found a torn plastic pickup bedliner, cut the sides off and trimmed the bottom to fit with the rear seat down so I can carry large messy stuff. Very rugged, has lasted through three wagons so far.

WeatherTech makes a nice trim to fit cargo floor liner that?s really good for $50. It?s available in tan which is nice because I think black in a tan interior looks like ****. But I?m also a fussy *******

Yeah fussy. What happens when that tan is all greased up. Black is better at hiding stains.

Back