• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My Restoration and Detailing Chemicals

Leatherique is absolutely the best stuff money can buy. I've been saying that for years, just not on this forum.

The only problem I have had using Leatherique, it has way too much gloss. Before I did anything, a friend of mine restored some black 240 seats and the seats ended up with a weird shiny wet look to them. When I ordered my stuff I sent them a sample piece of leather and had them do a color match for some 240 tan seats (color match was good). I also made a special request for NO-GLOSS and they still came out way too shiny. Maybe they just don't do non-glossy seats. So as long as you don't mind shiny leather, Leatherique is great.
Dave B

Ever had any experience with Mother's back to black? I've used it on all my trim and went over the radiator hoses with it lightly, and it seems to look nice but I don't know how well it will hold up in the long run.

What's the product you use to keep your hands so silky soft, clean and VJ-touchable? My GF won't let me near her with my mechanic mitts.

Used to detail automobiles fresh from the ship with cosmoline.
So allergic to that devil juice. Damn near sent me to intensive care.

The only problem I have had using Leatherique, it has way too much gloss. Before I did anything, a friend of mine restored some black 240 seats and the seats ended up with a weird shiny wet look to them. When I ordered my stuff I sent them a sample piece of leather and had them do a color match for some 240 tan seats (color match was good). I also made a special request for NO-GLOSS and they still came out way too shiny. Maybe they just don't do non-glossy seats. So as long as you don't mind shiny leather, Leatherique is great.
Dave B

I too ordered from Leatherique,sent them a sample from under the rear seat of my Bertone.The sample had a matte finish and the mix they sent came out matte too!Maybe I got lucky but the dye is available with and without shine.
before
passengerprepped.jpg

after
passengerdifferentangle.jpg

Any shine is from the camera.

Great thread. The 1 gallon container of Super Clean is on sale at your Advance Auto Parts. It's buy 1 get 1 free!!!!!

Ever have any problems with the mid evil and totally over engineered glue they used on that goofy sound deadening just above the firewall? I get it off (in my own mid evil way) because when the car's repainted, that area is also redone so I dont care about saving the original finish.

Just wondering if you happened across anything that would dissolve the glue and foam resin without destroying the paint.....or taking 2 weeks to do so.

I too ordered from Leatherique,sent them a sample from under the rear seat of my Bertone.The sample had a matte finish and the mix they sent came out matte too! Maybe I got lucky but the dye is available with and without shine.

Or maybe they're getting better at special requests. Good to know. Thanks. Now it bugs me that they offer that option, but nowhere in their site do they mention it.
Dave B

Ever have any problems with the mid evil and totally over engineered glue they used on that goofy sound deadening just above the firewall? I get it off (in my own mid evil way) because when the car's repainted, that area is also redone so I dont care about saving the original finish.

Just wondering if you happened across anything that would dissolve the glue and foam resin without destroying the paint.....or taking 2 weeks to do so.

Stripe eraser aka toffee wheel in England.
Eastwood should have it in stock, or an automotive paint supply place.

82245GLTPaint7.jpg

I've been using "magic erasers" to get scuffs off the hard plastic in my cars lately. Yesterday I did all the door cards in my 940 with a magic eraser, as they were getting some grimy build up on them; did a good job getting that worn in dirt out. I have used diluted Westley's Bleach White to clean stuff like that in the past, but that stuff is so harsh. I just kept the magic eraser wet and wiped it down with a clean cloth as I rubbed. Hit it with some leather/vinyl treatment after to keep it protected. I need to hit center council and especially the arm rest with it tonight.

Wow, I just discovered this thread. I would have thought this would go under the Maintenance section, but great job!
BTW, how about some advice on the cleaning tools you use? Toothbrush, paintbrush, makeup brush?

Thanks!

Pat, on your 242 I cant help but notice the radiator and brackets, so shiny! I am able to polish theb rackets, but what did you do to get the top of the radiator so clean?

I recently purchased the recommended paints to go about cleaning up my engine bay in a similar fashion. Words cannot describe how great stove bright is. I will post some pictures soon.

Back