• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BOV in auto

ajwilson999

straight brickin'
Hey guys, i really only know the basics about BOV's. But just wondering if theres any difference between putting one in an auto against a manual. Cheers again, Andy

heh...

well congrats on being a member of the grannytranny club with us andy....

you see the thing that makes hawt-o-matics so....uh...hawt...is the fact that unlike a manual, during gear shifts we dont lose boost...gooooood.

the downside is your only gonna get a phhhhsshhht when your off the throttle after hard acceleration...like coming to a red light or something like that...

it's really your call...turboXS does indeed make a sweet little bov.

It works normally, but since you aren't lifting off during shifts it isn't really needed.

not tryin to threadjack but i got a question.

i have an auto and im puttin on a 13c in a month or two. its auto but since the 13c has an integrated BOV is there any need for another one? Will it even make a difference in sound? Would it even be possible since theres already an integrated one??

not tryin to threadjack but i got a question.

i have an auto and im puttin on a 13c in a month or two. its auto but since the 13c has an integrated BOV is there any need for another one? Will it even make a difference in sound? Would it even be possible since theres already an integrated one??

dont be so concerned with sound.....

be concerned with the amount of air it can dump out of the cold side in the shortest amount of time possible.

and yes its possible, but why?

are you planning on overboosting past the stock one's capabilities?

you'd have to romve the stock, weld the hole and weld the aftermarket on somewhere else...but why?

In case you were wondering, there are block off plates so you dont have to weld your compressor housing. Kaplanke makes a nice one.​

Back