• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

Yeah, I chased it for a few weeks but I'm very relieved that its working well finally. Looks like the next thing in line is a turbo, probably a little one because I have a little one for free and I'm super broke. Still leaning out up top, I'll see if I need a new pump tomorrow.

Fixed the ignition issues tonight, spark was set to inverted. Apparently the 3452 times we went through the settings and the tune we missed/didnt think about it. I thought we had tried this before, maybe we did, idk. I also went through and got all new .ini files and firmware and uploaded it. All is well, she runs like a champ.

This is interesting. Everything I have read says run the 139 inverted.

I haven't gotten far enough to really bother with timing yet, but I know I was running with in one degree of what MS was showing. But was having some idle issues in general.

I may have to try this....

When I was messing around with getting spark ( I couldn't get the damn thing to fire... turned out to be fuel not spark :oops: ) I had messed with the 139 both inverted and not and when inverted the spark was HOT HOT HOT. But non-inverted seemed weak from what I could tell.

Glad you got it fixed, hopefully I start finding some luck soon.:nod:

Yeah changing firmware helped alot, but I could only find one firmware that it really liked. I kept getting odd resets and losing spark with the others randomly. It idles better with the spark inverted, but the timing would advance by itself outside of the table. It was knocking at like 3k rpm and 0* advance in the table.

i need to keep an eye out for the timing. And see if mine is going outside the range. You may be able to get a better idle by upping the Advance a bit, it may make up for the difference in inverted spark.

I'll try that, I knew mine was going outside of the range because when I set fixed angle to a value it wouldnt stay there when revved.

Well the fuel pump went out on it yesterday so I guess its time for a Bosch 044.

Also does anyone know if aeroquip stainless hose is ok to use with power steering? I'm making a pressure hose for my pump setup and I'm just wondering if I should just bite the bullet and get the special power steering hose and fittings vs. just regular AN stuff

Well the fuel pump went out on it yesterday so I guess its time for a Bosch 044.

Also does anyone know if aeroquip stainless hose is ok to use with power steering? I'm making a pressure hose for my pump setup and I'm just wondering if I should just bite the bullet and get the special power steering hose and fittings vs. just regular AN stuff

I went to a hydraulic shop and had them make me a high pressure line using Aeroquip goods, Use steel fittings on the high pressure side,,, also a line with crimped fittings is usually necessary.

Yeah thats probably what I'll end up doing, steel fittings are $$$ but I really dont want to lose that line so its worth it

Yeah thats probably what I'll end up doing, steel fittings are $$$ but I really dont want to lose that line so its worth it

youd be surpised....the line will prbably cost you like $60-70...there is an awesome aeroquip industrial store in charlotte...look it up.

So...you're gonna help me MS my car this summer. Right? Right?

Oh-and I'll be home on Thursday or Friday. Just let me know when you need that fuel pump. I'll be going I-40W to I-85S if you're not gonna be in Charlotte.

Finally got a chance to work on this thing some today. The car cut off because it blew the power fuse for megasquirt, I tried to cycle the pump manually when it broke, but no dice and no spare fuses ftl. So it runs again. Also went to aeroquip this week and got my pressure line made, cost $40, I was expecting more. But that place is officially awesome, I couldnt imagine any more fittings and hoses in one store. Had to use some lowes line on the feed hose for now, but it should be ok for a while. The feed line doesnt see any pressure anyway. Im running a reservoir off of a BMW 5 series of some year I got at the pull a part. Steering feels good, responsive but a little more manual feel than the S70 has. I guess thats just to be expected with a racecar pump, but I like it. Also recently bought a set of heated power mirrors and started getting those in. I had to drill the doors because they mount differently than the -85 ones do, but no biggie. I made a cardboard template and had them drilled and installed in no time. I really like these things, my 84 power mirrors were in good shape but they just weren't clear enough. Also the early pass side mirror isnt scaled so its annoying on the highway. Overall just a little more bling factor and another switch to show off on the dash :lol:. Anyway enough talk, pics:

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00838-1.jpg

DSC00835-1.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

Fuel pump looks to be good! Pulled the feed line off and dug about 2" of mud out of it and the feed side of the pump :lol:. Plugged it all back up and there is more pressure than could ever be asked for, ~6 bar when the regulator was pinched.

Back