• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Well this happened today
155169698.jpg

155169699.jpg

155169700.jpg

155169701.jpg

155169702.jpg

155169703.jpg

155169704.jpg

The lighting throws the color off for my camera in the booth but that's white epoxy primer.

OK, note to future Doug: painting under a car with out a rotisserie sucks.

A little more stripped than the last place I take it? Glad to see it's back!

Herald...you would **** a brick if you knew where my T5 came from, that it's a fresh rebuild, and what I paid. :-P

Still, Doug's box was damn cheap!

A little more stripped than the last place I take it? Glad to see it's back!

Herald...you would **** a brick if you knew where my T5 came from, that it's a fresh rebuild, and what I paid. :-P

Still, Doug's box was damn cheap!

I don't even wanna know :-P

Hmm, if your car could fit onto the same rotisserie that an A-body or B-body will fit, I might know where you could borrow one for locally...

Or if you have it ready to spray, he might be able to spray for you as well, depending on length and his schedule. He is a long-time body repair and paint wizard.

Hmm, if your car could fit onto the same rotisserie that an A-body or B-body will fit, I might know where you could borrow one for locally...

Or if you have it ready to spray, he might be able to spray for you as well, depending on length and his schedule. He is a long-time body repair and paint wizard.

Well I appreciate that but my guess is I'll have it on a while... plus I'm looking forward to painting this one myself. I need to learn body work anyways.

Out in the sun this morning
155174138.jpg

155174139.jpg

155174140.jpg

155174142.jpg

The chassis is what I'm most thrilled about. F'ing clean! No dirt and other crap falling in my eyes any more, no oil or grubby undercoat. Really going to be nice.

This is awesome; it's great to see someone starting completely from scratch with a 240 and treating it right. It will look amazing in that Fiat minty pistachio gelato color.

Honestly I'm not sure but it's surprisingly light. I'd say no more than 1000lbs probably.

A fully-laden stock 242 (mine) weighs ~2800 lbs wet, so I'm sure your bare shell is less than 1000. Maybe in the neighborhood of 500.

This is awesome; it's great to see someone starting completely from scratch with a 240 and treating it right. It will look amazing in that Fiat minty pistachio gelato color.

Thanks!! I've been wanting to do one like this for so long and now that it's 100% clean I don't know how I managed not to all these years.

A fully-laden stock 242 (mine) weighs ~2800 lbs wet, so I'm sure your bare shell is less than 1000. Maybe in the neighborhood of 500.

Honestly, that's what it feels like to me but then again I'm bad at guessing weight and according to Theresa... length.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If I can be at about 3200 lbs loaded with this car I'd be thrilled. I think my 242 came in at 2750 but that was pretty gutted. This one will be a bit more creature comfort loaded. I know the T5 and Redblock are about a draw. T5, GTX3076R, T5 trans with 3.91's should scoot along just fine.

Honestly I'd look at a different GTX30R - the 3076 has some inherent disadvantages because of the size difference between the turbine and compressor. What are your power goals for the T5? I did a match simulation for Homer and found that a GTX2867R or GTX3067R would be well matched for one of these engines at anything south of about 450 flywheel hp. That's for pump gas and a fairly stock 2.3L making peak power at 6krpm. If you're looking for ~500 hp at the flywheel, I'd look at a GTX3071R.

If you need the airflow provided by the 76mm GTX compressor wheel, the 35 turbine is a much better match and makes for an overall more efficient system.

Back