• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bulbs for 760/960 eCodes

lookforjoe

Making Volvo Parts Fit
300+ Club
I have the old Ecodes from my 960 - stored for the last 15 years - going to use them in my '91 745 - I don't recall what the 3 bulbs that are used with them. No markings on them to indicate

Anyone know offhand? H1? H4?

Old-Cars00035.jpg

From my 97/98 Greenbook:

First picture is for low / high beams (pins 1,2) and second picture is for the fogs (pin 3)
Ground for both is pin 4.

Attachments

• asdasd.JPG
    asdasd.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 73
  • asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 73
It's the high beam.

That is wrong.

The lower inner H3 is the fog light.
The upper inner H3 is the high beam.

It's been a while, but as far as I can remember you can only adjust the fog lights horizontally, not vertically with adjuster knob.
So there must be something wrong with the insert, it's a separate piece from the big reflector that is held in via a clip or something. I don't remember exactly.

Part 27 on the diagram.

43887.gif

That is wrong.

The lower inner H3 is the fog light.
The upper inner H3 is the high beam.

It's been a while, but as far as I can remember you can only adjust the fog lights horizontally, not vertically with adjuster knob.
So there must be something wrong with the insert, it's a separate piece from the big reflector that is held in via a clip or something. I don't remember exactly.

Part 27 on the diagram.

Many thanks for the confirmation & schematic. I'll have to take it off & see what I can see with the innards. The Depot version has simplified adjusters (only two, no center one) - the inner does the height, the outers do nothing...

Thinking you may have to do a bit of work to fit 760/960 front light and grille parts to a 740. Maybe with mounting parts from a 940.

Thinking you may have to do a bit of work to fit 760/960 front light and grille parts to a 740. Maybe with mounting parts from a 940.

Its not bad at all on a 91 - just had to modify (cut & weld) the inner metal mount brackets for the revised offset, and trim the plastic filler cap

PXL-20210424-205102520.jpg

PXL-20210424-223205789.jpg

Back