• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Totally boring old station wagon project

Miss Monika

Corruptor of Youth
new old car.jpg

Ok, so I towed this poor old car with a blown head gasket back from Portland a few months ago, and finally got around to getting it running again.

So far:
  • head gasket
  • oil and filter change
  • band-aid the PCV system
  • had to replace several taillight and corner light bulbs
  • the headlight relay and socket

Future maintenance items:
  • suspension bushings
  • front shocks
  • missing and/or broken trim pieces
  • cracked windshield
  • clearcoat is trashed
  • a colony of ants :wtf:
  • a slight rod knock

Performance upgrades that I'm planning for this car include:
  • a warmed up NA motor with a modern folkrace cam
  • T5 gearbox
  • a short rear end gear with LSD
  • BIG brakes

That's all for tonight. Peace out dudes! :wave:

Hey , nice wagon!!!

the wagon will love you back for rescuing her !!!!
I know mine will!!!
Godspeed in your project .
Take care ,greetings from the Windy City
DZ

What do you need big brakes for? Coolness factor? The stock brakes are sufficient for many different setups.
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!!!
The stock engine is sufficient for many different setups.
The stock transmission is sufficient for many different setups.
The stock rear axle is sufficient for many different setups.
The stock radio is sufficient for many different setups.
The stock suspension is sufficient for many different setups.

But that's not why we're here is it?
No. No, it's not why we're here.

Steve Jobs said:
We?re here to make a dent in the universe. Otherwise, why even be here? We?re creating a completely new consciousness, like an artist or a poet. Thats how you have to think of this. We?re rewriting the history of human thought with what we?re doing.

Ok, not really:-P

Yes, coolness factor.
But also: stopping power, fade resistance, and ability to modulate at or near traction limits.
Also also: dual master cylinders with balance bar allows for front/rear adjustability, dual masters eliminates the brake booster, and I've already designed and built the system once before.:cool:

And (IMO) Big wheels with small stock brakes just looks so trashy and dumb!:rofl::rofl:
(Which is not to say that I'm gonna be putting stupid huge wheels on this car... maybe 16's or 17's... but the brakes are going to FILL those wheels!

Looks like it could be a decent start to a project - the drivers side looks OK anyway :-P

What is this folkrace cam you speak of?

Looks like it could be a decent start to a project - the drivers side looks OK anyway :-P

What is this folkrace cam you speak of?
It's not. The shadows are hiding the dents. There's also an interesting crease across the rear door handle. The car has been totalled and rebuilt. Just not very well.

And I cant read any of this but... https://folkraceshop.se/volvo/kamaxel-volvo-b20-b21-b23-b230-b234-folkrace/kamaxel-b21-b23-b230

Need more pics of car- is it the metallic green? What year?
It's blue. The clearcoat is trashed. 1990. I'll work on the photos, but don't hold your breath, it's gonna take a Seattle minute.

Have you even been here the last time a girl posted? It gets ugly.

Leg humping at it's finest. Not sure why but it's always been like that here.

Also not sure why so many here swear by the 1980's brakes, they really aren't that great. Sure they are fine for the stock 115 hp and skinny tires so many run here, but why not make them better?

Best of luck with the project, and the clearcoat. Blue is a bit rough, like red, the clear is always messed up.

Sooo... Clearly, this is not a candidate for any sort of concours event.
It's gonna serve multiple purposes:
  1. Get me and my tools to work in the morning and home at night
  2. Replace my truck so I can sell it for $1000000
  3. Provide driving enjoyment
  4. Provide attachment points for modified powertrain, suspension, and brakes components

Like, maybe I could do that poseur-boy thing where I take all the paint off the hood and rinse it with saltwater or something?
Also, lots of stickers.
Definitely definitely gonna need more stickers.:lol:

Midnight blue, paint has fared better then my gramma's wagon so it could be worse. The seat seems to be leaning the wrong way, should be sagging out from the previous owner waiting for the insurance company to pick up about the stolen radio.

A1 tool hauler, **** whatever truck you had this will do it all with 10x the style

LOL

I already have a girlfriend that's into the same crappy cars i like, so I'm good there.

Yea the cars pretty dented up, but if no rust then its just character :lol: .

Carry on! These cars really do make good trucks.

Yeah seats got that gangsta lean. Someone said that there's a weld in the seat frame to check.

If it's a hauler, put some cherokee springs in the back! No harsh ride unloaded, and adds ~500 lb of capacity.
Might want longer shocks and limiting straps though, you'll probably hit max rear droop when going over train tracks or speed bumps

Back