• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'87 745 Turbo Theis K1

As far as I know the FB pistions will give you a slightly higher compression, than their FT counterpart.

Two weeks back I made a little road trip to pick up some refurbished seats. Big improvement over the old ones with the hole in the driverside backrest...
f28t58p7957973n37_rYyjxFqm.jpg

I also bought a new emblem for the steering wheel.
f28t58p7957973n36_jFexTLoX.jpg

I also did the e-fan conversion. I used an e-fan out of a late Volvo 850 and mounted it in the stock fan shroud. Perfect fit and it looks close to stock. I'll redo the wiring when I have a bit more time...
f28t58p7957973n39_zkIOHijM.jpg

f28t58p7957973n38_RYfIJuOa.jpg

I came across a cheap squirter FT in combination with a M90 literally by accident.
I guess it's time for some more upgrades!
f28t58p7957974n2_LOsdYvUJ.jpg

f28t58p7957974n16_JqksnATE.jpg

f28t58p7957974n17_VSOFmPDJ.jpg

I just stripped the parts car. Now I'm trying to figure if I swap the whole wiring or if I just use the wires I need for everything I want to add to the 740.

What wasn't already prewired in your wagon? US market cars already have all power accessories, so perhaps EU market harnesses don't have everything ready to plug in the end consumers (Power windows, mirrors, etc..)?

The US market 4-square lights do look good now that everyone uses composite lights - I think they look better with chrome bezels though - the bulbs look somewhat beady-eyed (small) with black-out bezels. Did you try them chrome first, or was the chrome too far gone to use?

The chrome bezels on the quad headlights were still in a usable state, but I don't like that mixed up look the US Turbos had from factory with the chrome bezels and the black grill. For my taste for the chrome bezels the grill should have a chrome frame as well or both blacked out. Since all the window trim is blacked out, I desided to go the black route. And I like the contrast from the silver to flat black. My plan is to do the bumpers in the factory 760-look with partial bodycolor, partial black as well and to black out the window frames at the side as well, like they did on the 240s.

The EU harnesses have all the power accessories as well - all accessories, that where available back than. My intention to swapping the whole wiring over was at first the fact, that a lot of wires on the original harness where corroded and some are broken and some parts of the wiring were hacked up and badly repaired / modified by the preowner.
The other harness is 10 years younger, untouched and include some upgrades I planed doing, like retrofitting the factory ABS system, LH2.4 swap (even with OBD2), ECC and Keyless Entry.

Before:
f28t58p7957974n19_qJbYjWNl.jpg

After:
f28t58p7957974n21_LnbHxdAs.jpg

Current status: Most of the wiring is back in, dash is back in, wiring is modified to work with the old gauge cluster and the old headlights.

Current pictures of the dash.
f28t58p7957974n24_FaAYTXiv.jpg

f28t58p7957974n25_ctTuBJNM.jpg

I did the wiring on the tailgate today. In the process I dechromed the tailgate handle and replaced the way to bright LED license plate lights with some darker ones.

f28t58p7957974n23_KsbhWvfl.jpg

f28t58p7957974n26_HVMkJxDt.jpg

The faux wood was my wifes idea.
They are rare and they doesn't fit with the old heater controls. I guess that's the main reasons, why you don't see that "coversion" very often.

I'll publish the chart I made with all the wires listed, that need to be connected. Don't have it here right now.
But overall it's pritty straight forward since most of the wire colors didn't change.

The bumpers will be replaced with black ones. Later on I'll get them partially painted, like they came on the 760s.

I had a leaky radiator, the waterpump gone bad and the thermostat stuck open... So I replaced the pump, the thermostat and converted the radiator, intercooler and oilcooler to the late 940 spec.

f28t58p7957974n28_MPEfToGn.jpg

After a lot of searching and trying I finally found some center caps for the steelies, that suit my taste. They are some cheap ones from china, which are mounted in the center bore of the spacer. I painted them flat black, since they came in gloss and added some generic emblem sticker to finished it off.

f28t58p7957974n29_UZFHgeMB.jpg

And I finally managed to paint and install the snow cap, since it was collecting dust for about a year now.

f28t58p7957974n30_SrJhOkIi.jpg

They are stock Citroen C5/C6 steel wheels with 10mm spacers. 7x17 with 32mm offset. PCD and center bore is identical to the stock wheels.
In the rear there is still enought room for bigger spacers. I guess 25 or 30mm in the rear would be a the optimum to match the wheel placement in the front.

Back