• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

You guys will be happy to know that I put a new driveshaft yoke in this thing and beat it around the neighborhood last night.

Look, I even put gas in it:
TEveo8L.jpg

Impressions: Man I really hate on this car for being slow but it ain't. It doesn't have 300 hp but slow it is not.
My god it handles good.
Stops even better.

The list I made a while back still (mostly) stands, but the car will at least move around now. My next goal is to get it together good enough to get it to SE. I'd like to at least get the head, intake, and ECU figured out before then but who knows. That would net me a little more power and it would be at it's highest potential when it meets Kenny's dyno. Maybe if I get that far I can put a sebring 5th and a truetrac in it before mountain meet in the fall. All told at that point I will really be at a happy point with the car. I think the only other thing I'd like that isn't on the list is a softer set of engine mounts and the KL racing front control arms for more caster, but those things I'd be fine doing later. Honestly with the caster/camber that I have now it'll make you reconsider your corner speeds on the street.

You should make the trip over to the best coast for IPD or Davis. Either airline or 242 is fine.

Well I'll be damned. I spoke too soon. Both in one weekend, no less!

Yours, probably.
Kyle's, doubtful.

You guys will be happy to know that I put a new driveshaft yoke in this thing and beat it around the neighborhood last night.

Look, I even put gas in it:
TEveo8L.jpg

Impressions: Man I really hate on this car for being slow but it ain't. It doesn't have 300 hp but slow it is not.
My god it handles good.
Stops even better.

The list I made a while back still (mostly) stands, but the car will at least move around now. My next goal is to get it together good enough to get it to SE. I'd like to at least get the head, intake, and ECU figured out before then but who knows. That would net me a little more power and it would be at it's highest potential when it meets Kenny's dyno. Maybe if I get that far I can put a sebring 5th and a truetrac in it before mountain meet in the fall. All told at that point I will really be at a happy point with the car. I think the only other thing I'd like that isn't on the list is a softer set of engine mounts and the KL racing front control arms for more caster, but those things I'd be fine doing later. Honestly with the caster/camber that I have now it'll make you reconsider your corner speeds on the street.

Id actually love to beat this thing out there, it would do really well.

If you do the Davis drive I will lobby to let the spousal unit let me **** off for 4 days on my birthday weekend.

If you do IPD I'll 100% make the slog across town and throw a house party in your name :lol:

I have all the accoutrements needed to service old broken ****boxes short of aluminum fabrication and machining, if needed be.

So let's put a question out there. Right now this car is running 15 psi boost on that (allegedly) HY35 turbo, it's been that way for a loooooong time. I have done nothing to this engine apart from throw a K cam at it. Thus, I can judge it as reliable.

I have a RSI stage 3 cam and 46/38 valves ready to go into a 531 head. My plan is to use yoshifab springs/retainers/washers for this, but KL Racing does have some other options.

Any reason to think this won't be reliable?

All I really want out of the car is to pick up more power at the same boost level. It would be cool to turn it up to 20, but man that 15psi has been good to me.

By all means do it...just make sure to bring the old 530, along with some head bolts, a quality head gasket kit, and necessary tools to make the swap. No reason for it to be unreliable with quality parts, but I am wont for not being caught with my pants down in the middle of nowhere, metaphorically speaking.

Been reading Nick Offerman's books these last couple days. Can you tell? :-P

Back