• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New member from the UK

Hotrodphil

Hi all.

My names Phil and hotrodphil is used as that's also my Instagram name.

Thanks for the add.

I'm from a little village called Atherstone in the UK.

I've just brought a 77 volvo 242 from sts machining in Oregon and currently having a ford 8.8 fitted before the ship it out to me.

It's got a 5.3 ls in it with a t56 atm but will be swapping in a 4l80e and turboing it with a garrett gt4594 what also has volvo in the casting for that extra touch.

My aim will be 600whp on our premium fuel 98 octane no e45 or anything as don't get it in the UK.

I've seen 55superbeetles build and that was the car that made me want to get a 242 with a turbo ls set up after seeing on YouTube with what must of been one of the newer owners.

I would add a few pics of the car so far but don't know how to on here as don't know what attachment to click on and will be looking about mid October by time get the car in the UK. So will load more then. I will also be finding out what shifter I need to get to fit in also if anyone has any recommendations for one for a 4 speed with manual valve body.

Welcome

Hi all.

My names Phil and hotrodphil is used as that's also my Instagram name.

Thanks for the add.

I'm from a little village called Atherstone in the UK.

I've just brought a 77 volvo 242 from sts machining in Oregon and currently having a ford 8.8 fitted before the ship it out to me.

It's got a 5.3 ls in it with a t56 atm but will be swapping in a 4l80e and turboing it with a garrett gt4594 what also has volvo in the casting for that extra touch.

My aim will be 600whp on our premium fuel 98 octane no e45 or anything as don't get it in the UK.

I've seen 55superbeetles build and that was the car that made me want to get a 242 with a turbo ls set up after seeing on YouTube with what must of been one of the newer owners.

I would add a few pics of the car so far but don't know how to on here as don't know what attachment to click on and will be looking about mid October by time get the car in the UK. So will load more then. I will also be finding out what shifter I need to get to fit in also if anyone has any recommendations for one for a 4 speed with manual valve body.

My introduction to a Volvo was quite different. I got a $500 car on emergency life support and learned how to pull wrenches and spend unnecessary money. I wish that I could have started with a 242 that STS did and had delivered.

Jealous and happy for you at the exact same time! Do Post pics. :nod:

Welcome! Interested to know how they look on cars like that in the UK, special registration or anything? Congrats on scoring that car, look forward to hearing about it.

Back