• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Double Dutch

Nice head grinding. Did you mach the chambers size too with some liquid?
And did you flatten the head to increase the compression (grinding and 531 makes the compression chambers larger than original)?

Last edited:
Nice head grinding. Did you mach the chambers size too with some liquid?
And did you flatten the head to increase the compression (grinding and 531 makes the compression chambers larger than original)?

Thank you Dopski,

no i did not measure the cc's, dunno why, maybe stupid but i think they are pretty equal although i am guessing that :roll:
I am going for tight squish and i have to do the maths for it with the current block hight and going for the Comet way in that case. The head is in the shop now and allready flattened, i'll have to get it back woot woot. But you know the head hight has nothing to do with tight squish, only the block hight, piston clearance and the used gasket height.

Nice fab skills sir

Thanks Mike, very appreciated.

Last edited:
TB 960 to 940 conversion plate.

My TB conversion plate for a 960 TB to the 940 (ported) inlet. I used a thick aluminium plate as "middleware" for the mounting. I think the pictures will speak for itself. The final mounting is done with epoxy raisin (JB weld as you call it) and one allen screw, it is very stirdy and will even hold against the heat and heavy vibrations. Again this is a little piece of the whole tuning picture in general.

body-1.jpg

body-2.jpg

body-3.jpg

body-4.jpg

body-8.jpg

body-5.jpg

body-6.jpg

body-7.jpg

body-9.jpg

body-10.jpg

body-11.jpg

body-12.jpg

body-13.jpg

body-14.jpg

body-15.jpg

body-16.jpg

I will post the build results later, everything has to be put together after I am finished with all parts :-P

Last edited:
Breathe baby breathe

At last found the guts to grind a hole in my right front fender to make a airduct for the airfilter inlet sticking in the fender. Stolen the idea from "Frans" (hello Frans) so all credits to him. First lined out the area to grind:

airduct_1.jpg

After grinding I sanded the edges and painted them too against corrosion.

airduct_4.jpg

Nice to see where the inlet sits in fact...

airduct_5.jpg

Preparing the airduct (cheap from ebay Ford Cosworth hood scoops).
You are looking at the back side/inner side.

airduct_2.jpg

I had some gauze from a music box laying around which I cutted and sprayed.
Did some bending too so it sits nice and tight. Automotive tape and Voila...

airduct_3.jpg

Sprayed the duct in the color of the car so that does not stand out too much.

airduct_6.jpg

Final result looks nice I think, like it's original (imho).
Butt dyno says better throttle response in the midrange. And ofcourse more and cooler air...

airduct_7.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome scoop inlet, do you have a link to the original you borrowed the idea from?
I'd love to see a red Volvo with an "F-40" version from the 1980s.

A lot of inspirations in this thread! Nice job man ;-)

I'm currently fighting with the same kind of POD you made. But rather ashtray I'm using the original panel with a cigarette lighter, want to put the pod a little bit "inside" it, using the factory mounting points (those 2 screws)
When I'm done - I'll post a picture, so I can sign it "idea stolen from Chilm" :-)

Greetings from Haarlem!

A lot of inspirations in this thread! Nice job man ;-)

I'm currently fighting with the same kind of POD you made. But rather ashtray I'm using the original panel with a cigarette lighter, want to put the pod a little bit "inside" it, using the factory mounting points (those 2 screws)
When I'm done - I'll post a picture, so I can sign it "idea stolen from Chilm" :-)

Greetings from Haarlem!

Hello messer, I think there is no room for that, that's why i did it the way i did it ;-)
At first I also thought tu use that plastic box as a "holder" for it, but no way the gauges are going to fit, just my thoughts, but... if you dont't try you'll never know so keep yourself posted here.

PCV TB way

I'm gonna do a "Yoshifab" PCV the TB way using an old PCV and some sawing, sanding and elbow grease, like being "the human lathe" ;-)

pcv-1.jpg

pcv-2.jpg

pcv-3.jpg

Epoxy is your friend again.

pcv-4.jpg

pcv-5.jpg

pcv-6.jpg

Hard labour with the grinder and cutting wheel.

pcv-7.jpg

pcv-8.jpg

Looking good to me,

pcv-9.jpg

To be continued :nod:

Last edited:
@moise: thank you.

Everything is coming together now:

pcv-10.jpg

pcv-11.jpg

I collected a hydraulic oil pump housing from a waste tank when I was hording around.
That would come in handy i thought so voila, my future catch can.

pcv-12.jpg

pcv-13.jpg

In fact the only thing I have to do is making some holes and a bracket, dead simple.

pcv-14.jpg

pcv-15.jpg

Horder as I am I found this motorbike thingie in my magic shed.

pcv-16.jpg

Victor Reinz chiming in too ;-)

pcv-17.jpg

pcv-18.jpg

Aaaand almost ready.

pcv-19.jpg

To be continued, tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:
Only issue I see is the louvers are pointing the wrong way. At speed, that will be making the area a low pressure area and trying to suck air away from the Airbox.
They need to face forward to "scoop" air into it.

At last found the guts to grind a hole in my right front fender to make a airduct for the airfilter inlet sticking in the fender. Stolen the idea from "Frans" (hello Frans) so all credits to him. First lined out the area to grind:

airduct_1.jpg

After grinding I sanded the edges and painted them too against corrosion.

airduct_4.jpg

Nice to see where the inlet sits in fact...

airduct_5.jpg

Preparing the airduct (cheap from ebay Ford Cosworth hood scoops).
You are looking at the back side/inner side.

airduct_2.jpg

I had some gauze from a music box laying around which I cutted and sprayed.
Did some bending too so it sits nice and tight. Automotive tape and Voila...

airduct_3.jpg

Sprayed the duct in the color of the car so that does not stand out too much.

airduct_6.jpg

Final result looks nice I think, like it's original (imho).
Butt dyno says better throttle response in the midrange. And ofcourse more and cooler air...

airduct_7.jpg

Back