• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hose hoes hos

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
I'm needing to redo the oil cooler plumbing on the red wagon with the addition of the HE351 and wanted to go ahead and make everything matchy matchy. I'm wanting to use barb fittings and mostly rubber hose just to keep things simple and relatively cheap versus those fancy pants AN fittings and stainless hose things. What's everyone's go to rubber hose? Eaton Aeroquip is solid from my past experience but "expensive". Not sure I need the fiber wrap though it is nice. Really thinking I just need something that's fiber reinforced...

I use the truck parts supplier in my area to get those kinds of parts. They supplied me with reinforced high temp oil rated hose. It wasn't cheap but I only needed a couple feet of it.

By truck parts supplier I mean big rigs not carolina squat pickups. The place I use is Called M&N Sales.

Ordered a bunch of hose from here. Should be here Monday. Will update when it gets here.

Sidebar, why tf are a barb fittings so expensive? It?s just a piece of aluminum?

I?ve been paying $25-50 for certain hose fittings and adapters(3-5x the usually price). Prices are silly right now.

Evil energy (Amazon) or summit brand hose and hose ends are about the cheapest functional option out there. Plan on $5-8 per hose end.

So jic fitting all the way now that ive looked. Brass fittings are like 3-6 dollars. Steel about 10. Aluminum an fittings for 20 are dumb.

I?ve been paying $25-50 for certain hose fittings and adapters(3-5x the usually price). Prices are silly right now.

Evil energy (Amazon) or summit brand hose and hose ends are about the cheapest functional option out there. Plan on $5-8 per hose end.

the newer evil energy stuff ive gotten has been pretty sub par as far as fittings go. i got a -10 kit from them and all the hose ends had o rings in them, ive never seen o rings on the conical part of the fittings before so i didnt use them. i have a 5 foot round fuel stain on the pavers now. lol

That?s interesting.
I just purchased some 6,8, and 10 AN push lock fittings? No o-rings and no leaks. They probably use numerous suppliers and just toss the bags into a padded bag and ship it out.

Back