• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

With that being said, I went and compared the stock 935NA map on TunerPro to LH24 Editor and TP shows the map ranging from 501-6350rpm vs 1600-6240rpm on the Editor.

For what it's worth...?

The released version of LH2.4 Studio is old. It doesn't use the correct (log based) formula for RPM. It just multiplies by 40. (it's actually selectable in one of the menus IIRC)

With tracing on watch any of the RPM tables while you rev the motor; it's way off. I'm sure the new version will be fixed.

The released version of LH2.4 Studio is old. It doesn't use the correct (log based) formula for RPM. It just multiplies by 40. (it's actually selectable in one of the menus IIRC)

With tracing on watch any of the RPM tables while you rev the motor; it's way off. I'm sure the new version will be fixed.
Gotcha. I knew it was old but didn't know the RPM was off. I haven't run it hooked up to the car yet because my Ostrich doesn't arrive until Monday! :-( :lol:

That being said, are you saying I should be able to open up my 951 bins with your 935 xdf? Because so far I haven't been able to, they seem to pull from different locations, or something. If I load a stock 951 bin, the main fuel map is filled with 255s and the load/rpm axis' are all sorts of crazy -1000s numbers going "up" to a positive number when nearing low rpm and higher loads on each axis.

Ok, done playing for tonight, headed home... :)

That being said, are you saying I should be able to open up my 951 bins with your 935 xdf? Because so far I haven't been able to, they seem to pull from different locations, or something. If I load a stock 951 bin, the main fuel map is filled with 255s and the load/rpm axis' are all sorts of crazy -1000s numbers going "up" to a positive number when nearing low rpm and higher loads on each axis.

the xdf has to match the rom version for TP, otherwise its looking in the wrong places and grabbing the wrong information.

sounds about right. I seem to recall this thing kicking around back in 03-04.

Did you try to change any values? The revlimit is a safe one with immediate results.

Not being able to trace definitely limits your tuning capability though. Even if you put a gauge on the AMM signal, it's non linear... and the ECU does crazy things to the AMM signal anyhow.

yeah I fiddled around with a few things, burned another rom to it while it was running, that sort of shenanigan type stuff. Without a wideband there wasn't much I was planning on doing anyway, I just wanted to see if it'd do the other stuff. I might try and track down a used one

Also and once again ill be honest. I like the sound, I think its bad ass, i like it just as much as loud fuel pumps and turbo spooling, external waste gates and back fires. I think a bov fits my car perfectly and really completes the sound.

Have to admit, if it caused no issues I'd be a BOV guy as well. But my cone filter + CBV makes a good racket too. You can hear it clearly in the cabin, that's enough for me!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I could just get the Ostrich, wideband and go, right? A chip burner isn't really necessary until and unless i want to actually make a chip out of my results. In the mean time, i could just run right off the Ostrich. Am I missing something?

I'd like to play, i've always been a fan of keeping LH. Seems like a good way to start learning EMS in general.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I could just get the Ostrich, wideband and go, right? A chip burner isn't really necessary until and unless i want to actually make a chip out of my results.

You are correct. Only caveat there would be that because the fuel and spark are physically separate computers, you would need two Ostrich emulators to be able to modify both simultaneously. Otherwise, you are stuck running stock software on one or the other.

I think there are a few services where you can e-mail a bin file to someone and have them mail you a chip, but I'm sure a tbricker would do it for less than that would cost.

But hell, if you mail me a blank chip and pay postage, I'll do it for free! It's literally a minutes work.

the xdf has to match the rom version for TP, otherwise its looking in the wrong places and grabbing the wrong information.
What does that mean exactly? As in LH2.4.2 vs 2.4.4?
I'd think most if not all Efan cars would be 9xx ecus eh? and some of the non-efan cars as well
My 1991 244 had a 951 from the factory. I think the 91+ cars had the 951? But that's an NA 240 I'm talking about, so I don't know about other cars.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I could just get the Ostrich, wideband and go, right? A chip burner isn't really necessary until and unless i want to actually make a chip out of my results. In the mean time, i could just run right off the Ostrich. Am I missing something?

I'd like to play, i've always been a fan of keeping LH. Seems like a good way to start learning EMS in general.
No correcting required, you are CORRECT! :nod:

What does that mean exactly?

Different ROMs may have the functions you're trying to modify at different addresses. In one ROM the rev limiter can be at 0x727A and another ROM could have the rev limiter located at 0x323F. If you have the latter ROM and an XDF that points to the address in the former, you'd be changing the wrong byte(s).

Seems like a good way to start learning EMS in general.

Sorry, but no. Mass air and speed density tuning strategies are entirely different. Don't get me wrong, I fully support tuning stock ECU's. But, don't expect to be versed in tuning a standalone once you've got the hang of tuning LH.

Different ROMs may have the functions you're trying to modify at different addresses. In one ROM the rev limiter can be at 0x727A and another ROM could have the rev limiter located at 0x323F. If you have the latter ROM and an XDF that points to the address in the former, you'd be changing the wrong byte(s).
I understand the pulling from different addresses part, but not anything about how I know what ROM I'm dealing with(only bin/xdf and what computer it's supposedly for). Sorry, I'm not all up to the terminology and how it's applying/what it means... Or how to tell one apart(other than the xdf file not working properly with a certain bin, obviously). But maybe I don't need to know for any reason either?

The main thing I can't wrap my head around, is if a 951 bin has a different ROM layout from a 935 bin, will the 951 ecu still run with the 935 bin's data being stored in different locations? I'm assuming the ecu will be looking in spots of the chip that it expects things to be with the original chip, etc.

Beepee, is the TLAO chip(and thus, bin) you have for a 93x ecu, or just 9xx ecu?

As long as the port addressing is the same as the physical hardware you should be able to load different roms. That subject, however, seems to be beyond the scope of this thread.

What does that mean exactly? As in LH2.4.2 vs 2.4.4?

No. The "rom version" is the last three digits of the number on the side of the ECU.

If your ECU part number is 0 280 000 9xx, you can use any 9xx software. 928, 926, 937, 967, anything in the 900's will work. It's all interchangeable.

Anyone with a 900 series ECU can load the software included in the package in the OP. It just happens to be the 93x series of software.

XDFs expect the parameters in them to be in exactly the same place every time. It happens that the 93x series of ECUs had their data in the exact same place across multiple versions.

If you try to open a BIN file that has it's data in different locations (for example a 928 or 967 BIN) the data will appear all mangled. TunerPro doesn't actually understand that the data is incorrect, it displays it anyway.

EDIT: nevermind, thanks gross polluter

Back