• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD trip Caravan north up the I-5 Oregon California

Grants Pass is a good 4 hours from Willows, and a little over 3 hours from Redding. The Depot in Rogue River makes wayyyy better coffee, and Rogue River is much easier to get on and off the freeway. I live 3 minutes from Rogue River and about 10 from Grants Pass. I would love to meet up with your caravan up to Portland. I have an 82' 264 w/ a 3 speed, so my max speed is only about 70 mph (LOL). It is going to be the 1982 car for the IPD 50 years of Volvo display they are having... It only has a little under 44,000 original miles on her... I have not made a long trip with my car yet, so I wanted to travel up with others for safety.... Thanks! Keep in touch!
How many others are coming up w/ you?
-Rob

Rob

Since you know the area best, pick the spot and we'll meet you there.

Okay... Are you thinking you all are going to be hungry at 11 when you get here? We could just meet at a restaurant in Grants Pass? LMK what you all are thinking??

In Grants Pass (right off the freeway - exit 58) there is a McDonald's and a Denny's + Several gas stations. If you go several blocks into town there are more restaurant choices. The McDonald's has a large parking lot compared to other places there. My vote is there. The address is: 1891 NE 6th St., Grants Pass, OR.
Like I said, there are several gas stations right there, and we can hop back on the freeway... LMK if this works for everyone... meet 11am, leave by 11:30am?

Mark-
That McDonald's I mentioned probably would be the easiest and best space to meet (because of the multiple restaurants and gas stations right there off of the freeway (exit 58 - Grants Pass). Just go left under freeway and McDonald's is about two blocks from the freeway on your left (2-3 lane one way rd. you will be on called 6th st.) It is SUPER easy to find. LMK if you need further directions! my cell#5416596292 Look for the off white 1982 264.
-Rob

If someone can give a 530turbo a ride to Grants Pass, I can drive him the rest of the way up to Portland. As for the way home??? I am leaving after show on Saturday 3pmish....

Looks like a 30% chance of rain for Saturday (according to weather.com). I would bring a rain coat!! Bummer!! I would keep checking the weather as we get closer so you all know what to pack (especially if you are coming from California)...

We can meet you where you like. Prefer somewhere near the highway. Let me know. I will update you as we leave Willows,

The S Bonnyview Rd/ Churn Creek exit in Redding its the first Redding exit when your northbound. There is a Texaco Burger King on the west side of the freeway. You can call when you leave Willows and Ill plan for 8:00am 530 262-5430

Aaron

DCOE 240:

530 Turbo needs a ride... Looks like you are both from Redding...

I would give him a ride but my brother is coming with me and the two of us pretty much max out my ride anyone else and I don't think i would make it over the pass. :oops:

Any room for me in anybody's ride. I have gas moneys and I brush my teeth and shower.:-P

I cant leave a fellow TB brother behind. If you want a ride I will squeez you in. The plan right now is driving up with the group Friday morning which would leave redding 8:00 am. Friday night at RSI, Sat at IPD, Sat evening drags, Sat night dinner somewhere nice, Sun, drive back in no hurry. I dont know if you have a place to crash. Were staying at the Red Lion by PDX could name room on the floor if you want. Let me know what you think. Give me a call 530 262-5430

Aaron

I will catch up with either mark or Aaron on Friday morning at the Texaco gas station 8am. Sweet and thanks gentlemen.

And I will see all of you around 11am on Friday at the exit 58 McDonald's in Grants Pass Oregon (2nd Grants Pass Exit going North).
How many cars are we waiting for. Please all pipe in so I can get a count. Thanks!

Back