• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vagabond...again

Awesome dude! The dude I got the car from was super hard up for cash and was really sad to see the car go. When I got it, it ran, and ran well, but the yoke on the axle was broken. You'll notice that the shift linkage is bent, just a tad from that... I fixed that, put a new water pump up on and did a tune up and my wife drove it for a couple months before the master cyl went bad and it got parked. I was in the middle of an engine build on the T5M so I didn't have time to dick with the 242. Anyway, the dude loved the hell out of that car and I think he teared up a bit when I pulled away with it on the trailer. The 3 years it sat next to my garage didn't do it ANY favors at all. Super stoked to see you reviving it.

i just couldnt see the car go to the big junk yard in the sky. its got some issues, but i have the shop access and tools to bring it back to life. (not to mention sheet metal, frame material, and a mig welder from building mini trucks) it wont be a complete resto job. in fact it will have a new personality after im "finished" with it. it might not be the way some people like to see a car restored, but it will be solid again. im slowly growing attached to the car. i was gonna fix and flip it, but it reminds me of when i got my car, and how everyone called it ugly...but after some beers and man hours...a lot of people love it.

so no worries man. like i said, title transfer is happening tomorrow. if i have any problems i at least i know a way to get a hold of you if i need anything. i'll keep everyone posted on this. im a picture junky

Lovin it man, time for another vagabond bottle i suppose? I might go talk to those people about that white 242 evo on 611 that you were telling me and chirish about, I drove past it like last week and didnt even realize it. Keep up the good work and set up another cruise soon!

yup, time to cut another bottle, but after paint. good luck talking to those people.. it looks like bad things have happened at that house, and no one knows about it...

and....the title is transfered. 6-8 weeks until penndot sends me the real one, not temporary. but there were no issues. they didnt even ask to scribe a vin.

took a wet rag to the hood today. turns out its not primer brown..

securedownload.jpg

its actually that sh9t brown color. brings out my personality.

Btw, I'm sure you noticed, but the cars been painted. :D

yes....lol. the rear outside pillar.. trim.. thingys were missing. i saw the original paint there and in the engine bay/inside the car. its the same paint code as my car. our vin numbers are almost identical minus 3 digits.

my insurance company will love this.

found the trunk full of water today. guess my welds held. found part of the trunk seal torn and the trunk seal...mount..lip.. thingy bent. hammered back in place, fixed seal... waiting for rain to see if it works.

going to dig into the front of the car friday-saturday. maybe start installing the donated interior.

need to buy air fresheners.

So today, despite the threat of a hurricane, i went to the shop until the weather changed. first i checked the compression.

cyl 1: hmm.. that seems a little low.. stuck rings?
DSCN1547.jpg

cyl 2: that seems better
DSCN1544.jpg

cyl 3: awesome
DSCN1545.jpg

cyl 4: awesome as well.
DSCN1546.jpg

so... i have 3 out of 4 cylinders that i trust...not sure whats up with #1... but im not gonna do all this work to find out i have to rip everything apart again... so as originally planned the 244 is going to get raped and all the driveline/dash/interior is coming out of that and going into the 242. the 244 is a good driving car, great on the highway... but i have no attachment to that 4 door wh0re. so to keep costs low.. its gettin stripped.
DSCN1548.jpg

so fair-the-well b21, you've had a good run.
DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

i'll keep you though.. gonna see what your hickup is.
DSCN1549.jpg

this is the next line of attack. open bay, fresh canvas.. make it look presentable and sturd-i-fy it.
DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

the 4spd is going into vagabond once i get this other 242 back together and running

Fige. ill take what you said into consideration. we'll take more about this at a later date.

Last edited:
oops. forgot something...
DSCN1542.jpg

while taking the motor out, i noticed this sad little guy on the fire while near the wiper motor.. ill consider him the engine bay schmeg mascot and im going to try keep him there throughout the whole build. if anyone knows who it is...or has a name for him let me know.

oops. forgot something...
DSCN1542.jpg

while taking the motor out, i noticed this sad little guy on the fire while near the wiper motor.. ill consider him the engine bay schmeg mascot and im going to try keep him there throughout the whole build. if anyone knows who it is...or has a name for him let me know.
Pretty sure Towery drew that.

Back