• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 dash in a 780

dontknowyou

Hello. The dash in my 780 is in very poor condition and I would like to swap in something in good condition. I was thinking of the newer 940 dash with the trapezoidal instrument cluster as they seem much more durable. I know the windshield in the 780 is different but the firewall and under dash structure seem to be identical. You guys reckon it would fit?

HVAC ducts are totally different. I already tried it.

Too different to get the ducts and swap those too? I am most worried about the windshield/firewall fitment. Could you tell me more about what you did? I'd really appreciate the knowledge of someone who's tried it.

I quit my swap because of the duct being different so I cannot say it will fit. Before Mopar e bodies had repop dashboard there was a company called Just Dashes. Maybe check them. Or get a dash mat?

I quit my swap because of the duct being different so I cannot say it will fit. Before Mopar e bodies had repop dashboard there was a company called Just Dashes. Maybe check them. Or get a dash mat?

haha dash mat wont cut it. I checked out their site. They do great work. I am going to contact them about doing my door cards too as well as my dash. I greatly appreciate you sending me their info. Cheers

haha dash mat wont cut it. I checked out their site. They do great work. I am going to contact them about doing my door cards too as well as my dash. I greatly appreciate you sending me their info. Cheers

Interested to hear how you make out with them for the dash for a 780.
Patrick

Best that I can remember the fire wall was part of the ductwork.

Nope. Dash has parts of ductwork on it, whichwill either fit or it won't, depending on which version of HVAC box donor and reciever cars had. OP contacted me, I shared with him what I could remember from my "940 dash into a 740" conversion from years ago. Hopefully, we'll come up with a how-to one of these days.

If you get all the HVAC ductwork out the donor 940, perhaps it would be possible to make hybrid ducts out of the two that mate with the 780 unit & 940 dash ducts. Plastic welders work well once you practice.

Back