• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K1 Technologies rod experience?

The Traum's from Yoshifab are full length skirts, not the mini's that the JVAB motor had, while still running the long rod configuration.

Woohoo! I'm glad this part is good news at least!

I mean you cannnn get pistons with longer skirts and use a longer rod still. But yeah, short skirt pistons and higher PTW clearance is a recipe for wear and disaster.

And yeah, rod length doesn't matter too much unless you're making MASSIVE changes or looking for a small change in an area.
Generally 1.6-2 is a solid spot to land in for rod/stroke ratio... Stock 152mm rods are 1.9 (152/80), which is well in the good spot... and arguably too long as it is.

I'm going to be running the 86mm stroker crank, so the 158mm rods are fairly well matched it I reckon.

The PTW on the Traum pistons is fairly tight I think- spec sheet says 0.09mm

I've always heard good things about the Chinese rods, but its making me really nervous from the horror stories that I've heard...just put an enquiry in the Arrow Precision this evening...

I've not had any problems ever with the Chinese rods regardless of whom they came from.. I've had long and short ones up past 8000 with both stock crank and stroker crank, broken pistons without any damage to the rods.

If you Listen to The engine builders that teach the classes on Hp Academy they will tell you that rods and pistons are only made by a few companies, and have never had a problem with the china rods.

Back