• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anybody use flowmaster mufflers?

Radtap

Wondering if anybody has specifically used a flowmaster super 44 on their 240 na or turbo and how did it sound? Got one laying in my shop, I wanna put an exhaust on my car soonish but all the mufflers I hear make it sound like a pos rice burner. Or any other muffler suggestions to give it a bit more of a deeper less raspy/tinny noise. My other idea is slap a cutout valve in there and straight pipe just to annoy the HOA and close it when they roll around

It will be drone-y. I prefer magnaflow. If you want something that sounds good, you're going to have to drop some coin.

I ran a NA side pipe with a super 44 for quite a while, lol. I did not like the volume but I do miss the sound it made. I'll see if I can find some old videos.

Right now I have a spun cat and a straight through 18" round magnaflow which was originally installed when I had the turbo engine but now back to NA it sounds like a ricer honda. I bet a chambered one will sound way better.

I don't recommend playing games with any HOA, that just sounds like a bad ending. However, on my NA, I have a round Magnaflow with stock pre muffler still in place. I'm happy with it. They're both straight through, and it is quiet enough that it won't bother anyone :)

I was thinking the chambered ones would help with the drone, I’d be daily driving it and most of my drive is 20 minutes straight down a long road so wouldn’t wanna hear that to and from work everyday, car is na now but will be turbo here pretty soon, my other thought is upping pipe size to reduce some of that drone and rasp

I had one on a LS1 powered 4th gen Camaro. It came that way when I bought it. I hated it. It was about like being in a P51 Mustang. I couldn't hear anything over the drone of the engine. The spectators loved it when I Autocrossed the car.

I had one on a LS1 powered 4th gen Camaro. It came that way when I bought it. I hated it. It was about like being in a P51 Mustang. I couldn't hear anything over the drone of the engine. The spectators loved it when I Autocrossed the car.
Mine doesn't drone. I think I have one with an extra chamber. Mine is 3 chamber

Historically few people like flowmasters on a 4. I run one on my V8 740 and love it

Yeah I know they?re not really 4cyl mufflers but I have two collecting dust after I straight piped my buddys challenger and thought I might give it a go if anyone else has, I have a couple cherry bombs but I?ve never liked how those sound on smaller engines

I have a super 44 I could try out and let you know if that’s what type your looking at. Never ran it on the Volvo but great in a pair behind a v-8

Ive just been running glasspacks backwards so it flows better. I was afraid it would be to loud but with turbo its sounds great. The guy at ex. shop said flowmasters are great but they have problems with the baffles coming loose and rattling but did say that takes a couple of years.

Ive just been running glasspacks backwards so it flows better. I was afraid it would be to loud but with turbo its sounds great. The guy at ex. shop said flowmasters are great but they have problems with the baffles coming loose and rattling but did say that takes a couple of years.

The 44s I have we?re on my buddys car from 2010-2019 and the baffles are still rock solid, I?ve never heard of that and I have a decent amount of experience with muscle car exhausts but I guess that can apply to any chambered muffler, I?m gonna have to replace most of the exhaust system when the turbo goes in anyway, just looking for good but not obnoxious options

Borla ProXS is still under $100 and sounds great on a b230. I had an NA 240 with a Flowmaster and it had a lot of drone and didn't really sound good anyway.

Back