• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Skandix E codes FCP vs Skandix Germany

Brickhead1988

I'm guessing FCP's are eastern Asian manufacturing and the ones from Germany are manufactured within central Europe?

I have the older DJAuto's. 10-11 years old. They're doing alright but the reflectors are starting to look like Shackleton's Endurance..

The DJ's were about $100 less than the Skandix ones FCP carries now.

Anybody compare the two (djauto/ skandix taiwan)? Anybody compare the two Skandix's (asian vs europe)?

Anybody compare Skandix's e codes to Volvo's? Skandix carries both..
Oh does anyone know if the oe or skandix reflectors will work in the DJ's?

I'm guessing FCP's are eastern Asian manufacturing and the ones from Germany are manufactured within central Europe?

I have the older DJAuto's. 10-11 years old. They're doing alright but the reflectors are starting to look like Shackleton's Endurance..

The DJ's were about $100 less than the Skandix ones FCP carries now.

Anybody compare the two (djauto/ skandix taiwan)? Anybody compare the two Skandix's (asian vs europe)?

Anybody compare Skandix's e codes to Volvo's? Skandix carries both..
Oh does anyone know if the oe or skandix reflectors will work in the DJ's?

Yes you can swap out reflectors. Pretty cheap on Vp auto parts.

https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar/reflector-head-light-240-81-for-lhdcars.html

Vp also carries oem headlights(Valeo). I don't think you've seen the shipping cost Skandix yet. :lol:

Last edited:
Where can I get the connector housings for the Euro turn signals? My attempts to butcher the US ones to fit never worked out besides cutting my fingers in the process.

They grew back though

I don't really understand your question to be honest, my understanding is that FCP just buys them from Skandix and resells them in the US and that's why they call them that, no?

I don't think the aftermarket ones Skandix (and FCP) are selling are made in Europe, only the OE units (I think they're Valeo).

I don't really understand your question to be honest, my understanding is that FCP just buys them from Skandix and resells them in the US and that's why they call them that, no?

I don't think the aftermarket ones Skandix (and FCP) are selling are made in Europe, only the OE units (I think they're Valeo).

Fcp offers pro parts(swedish based) but more than likely manufactured in China. But it seems they aren't stocking them now. Fcp doesnt offer any info regarding manufacturing country of the skandix lights.

Where can I get the connector housings for the Euro turn signals? My attempts to butcher the US ones to fit never worked out besides cutting my fingers in the process.

They grew back though

Why not just buy the aftermarket corner lights so no butchering is needed.

Volvo E-Code Headlight Kit - Skandix 1070032

240ECODEKIT.jpg

That's what I was trying to figure out.

I know you can purchase from Skandix Germany, Skandix European E-codes and OE Volvo. (I've only read, but no direct experience) That Skandix produces hi quality lights. These are the best as long as they're RHD.

But I know they're Asian made Skandix stuffs. Which I kinda assumed is what FCP has. FCP say they don't know the manufacturermakers location.

That's what I was trying to figure out.

I know you can purchase from Skandix Germany, Skandix European E-codes and OE Volvo. (I've only read, but no direct experience) That Skandix produces hi quality lights. These are the best as long as they're RHD.

But I know they're Asian made Skandix stuffs. Which I kinda assumed is what FCP has. FCP say they don't know the manufacturermakers location.

Skandix doesn't manufacture the lights themselves if that's what you're thinking?

They sell OE spec E-codes made by Valeo (I believe) and cheaper aftermarket E-codes that are likely made somewhere else outside of Europe.

I think the only way to know for sure where the aftermarket ones are produced or what brand they are is to ask Skandix.

I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure the E-codes I ordered from skandix like 4 years ago were made in Romania. They were not made in China.

When you get them, pull the mounting studs out of the plastic and JB weld them back in.

The ones I can supply (remember they are RHD, not sure if they can be adjusted back to LHD) are made in France by Valeo

I supply them with new stainless steel M6 mounting nuts. I've found there's no benefit to removing the mounting studs to glue them, so long as I use silicone grease on the threads (keeps water away) and undo and tighten them every couple of years so they don't seize the nuts to the studs

I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure the E-codes I ordered from skandix like 4 years ago were made in Romania. They were not made in China.

When you get them, pull the mounting studs out of the plastic and JB weld them back in.

Ah, good to know.

There was also a company in (I think) Lithuania making aftermarket Volvo lighting, at least I have seen some corner lights from there.

Back