• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

Check post #70. I have a nice ceramic coated Stahl header that will be going on but I don't have the rest of that exhaust built yet. So for the initial tuning I need a relatively quiet (like stock) exhaust and not an open header :lol:. After the car is up and running I can swap on the header and cruise (well...scream) over to the exhaust shop and have them finish it out.

I feel you though. Believe me, it bothers me just as bad (probably more!) to have that dirty old thing bolted to my essentially brand new motor.

Last edited:
Great build. I'm really keen to hear what your impressions are of the schneider 274 cam. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on one for my 1800E FI build using a djet manifold depending on how you get on.

I will post back when I get it in the car. I'm putting the transmission back together this week then as soon as I can get it into the shop I'll have the engine back in and can get it running.

Drilled and tapped for 4th gear/OD lockout.

74UakhK.jpg

uIx1bR9.jpg

M41 aaand done.

XN9dBee.jpg

SUCCESS!

UZDNwry.jpg

Then I got this shiny piece of stainless in the mail.

LkyfdbK.jpg

Motor should be in and running next week! After tonight I know I never want to put a transmission in by myself ever again. :grrr:

Oh well. It's in.

Threw on some stainless hoses. Good thing because the old ones were original. Just gotta make sure they won't rub the wheels or tires. Pretty cool :e-shrug:

ACDVj1y.jpg

Last edited:
good ****. i may have to send you some gas money and have you come down for a weekend when i get back from afghanistan lol. teach me the ways of the volvo lol.oh and make sure i dont put all my **** on wrong lol

Im excited to see this pan out! I just picked up a wagon, and have basically the same plans for it. Any idea on the offset of those wheels?

They're just et20 and 8" wide. I think stock is +25 but I'd say with fender work you could possibly go as low as +10 without being past the fenders. It's easy to roll the fenders on these cars too!

right on man! thanks!

Oh and I might be jealous if you bagged it...:oogle:

I bought everything I need to make a short shifter work in the car. Got some of it today. Pretty crusty.

yduflyj.jpg

And with a little elbow grease (and a kerosene parts washer):

SgJECSe.jpg

Also, Matteson made my panhard adjustable. No more sittin' he11aflush on one side with super fender gap on the other!

VxBw7HK.jpg

Wow killer looking 122. You do great work. Still remember standing in the driveway watching a guy drive off in my old mans '67 122s wagon for $300 thinking "wait a minute what just happened?!" I was 17 with 2 2nd gen Camaros and an 84 240 wagon so couldn't really convince him to let me have it....... I won't even get into the feeling of the last 544 leaving......
Anyhow great looking car! Subscribed...

Back