• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 died while idling

supreme940

Going to leave in the morning, started up fine and was running in my driveway for about 5 minutes while I was getting stuff in my garage. Heard it just stop running, thought that was weird and now it won't start again.

Only things I've done is add in the wasted spark a couple years ago. It's been running fine ever since without issues. Went back through all the wiring and remounted a new Accel coil on the valve cover, new plug wires and a new pigtail. Power comes from the stock coil harness to the coil and miata J702T, and the tach output goes back to the stock coil ground. Tried switching both triggers for the coil with no avail. Power is going to the resistor pack, all the injectors, the coil is getting power and so is the ignition module. Fuel pump primes fine too with the key.

It's weird because it didn't sputter or try to stay running, it's like power was cut somewhere. I don't know what else to look for other than my EZK, which I haven't done yet. I'm curious as to what I should be looking at or tracing to try and get it running again.

Edit: Seems to be a fuel delivery issue. Checked the rail and theres no pressure on priming, so I'm thinking the rubber hose slipped off in the tank.

Last edited:
Generally, no start should start by checking for spark. If no spark then move to the ignition amp and check with a good meter to see if it's triggering. If no triggering it's either the wiring, Crank speed sensor, or the EZK box.

For fuel you can physically put your hand on the fuel pump and feel if it's running. You can grab a test light and check the fuel pump relay to make sure they are turning on. You can also have fuel issues from a clogged fuel filter.

Oh and check for codes. Some codes don't light the check engine light.

Last edited:
You sure your fuel level sender is still good? Dump a couple gallons of gas down into the tank if you have some for a gas mower or something else to make sure you're not just out of fuel.

Back