• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Input requested for my 1987 244 plus t issue(s)

Wessideg

99% complete 244 Plus T...Help please!

Good Evening-
First off, I wanted to thank you for the informative write up on adding turbo induction to a redblock. I have converted my 1987 244 to a turbo setup, albeit not quite successfully. I switched to a ezk setup, new harness and all. After ruling out everything (I think) the car will start, but it is not happy. I am beginning to think the 'turbo' ezk ICU I acquired may not be a turbo ICU (or even LH 2.2 compatible).
afterall. The unit I have is: 0 261 201 012 Does this sound right? The only Bosch part number I can find referenced for LH 2.2 and turbo is: 0 261 201 012. Unfortunately, I can't find one for sale to save my life.

The car starts, but idles super rough, and stumbles when I open the throttle.

I only have a downpipe running down and out the side of the car until I can get a real exhaust welded up. Would the lack of backpressure be causing me any grief?

The only other outstanding item is a plumb-back blow off valve (I don't have a stock overboost switch).

I sincerely apologize for the out of the blue cry for help, but I figured it's worth a shot asking.

Thanks,
Wes Powers

view

view

Last edited:
people will want more detail. Running intercooler, and so on. I dont know much about the 2.2. Even with wrong ezk it should start and idle. Ive ran my 240 with open ex. with no effect but I had 2.4 at the time. I would say check your timing and fuel system with fine tooth comb. If 2.2 uses MAF check it out and your wiring. Hope this help you.

The 0 261 201 012 is the correct Turbo EZK box for LH2.2. From here https://brickboard.com/FAQ/700-900/EngineFIComputer.htm#ECUAMMReferenceChart
you want a 0 280 000 541 Turbo ECU box.

What are you using for injectors? If it's the factory turbo greentops (low-Z), you need to wire in the resistor pack to prevent damaging the ECU. There are also turbo injectors (high-Z) from the 850s that can be used without the resistor pack. Using the original non-turbo injectors with a turbo ECU won't work right (too little fuel).

For parts, just post in Wanted. The smaller stuff fits in USPS priority mail boxes and is usually easy/quick to ship.

people will want more detail. Running intercooler, and so on. I dont know much about the 2.2. Even with wrong ezk it should start and idle. Ive ran my 240 with open ex. with no effect but I had 2.4 at the time. I would say check your timing and fuel system with fine tooth comb. If 2.2 uses MAF check it out and your wiring. Hope this help you.

Hi and thanks for the response. I am running an intercooler (from a 740). I have checked and doublechecked the cam timing, it's spot on. I also checked the ignition timing and fine tuned it to 12 Deg BTDC.... Still going through and re-checking everything, I will post an update if (when) I get it figured out.

The 0 261 201 012 is the correct Turbo EZK box for LH2.2. From here https://brickboard.com/FAQ/700-900/EngineFIComputer.htm#ECUAMMReferenceChart
you want a 0 280 000 541 Turbo ECU box.

What are you using for injectors? If it's the factory turbo greentops (low-Z), you need to wire in the resistor pack to prevent damaging the ECU. There are also turbo injectors (high-Z) from the 850s that can be used without the resistor pack. Using the original non-turbo injectors with a turbo ECU won't work right (too little fuel).

For parts, just post in Wanted. The smaller stuff fits in USPS priority mail boxes and is usually easy/quick to ship.

Thanks for confirming, those are the Bosch P/Ns I am running. I am running greentop injectors with the resistor pack.

Back