• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1965 122s Journey

Absolutely, the way that thing sits is motivating me to get an amazon.

When you get the tires you mentioned in the first post consider some whitewalls, they look great on Jack's car if you've seen his thread

Haven't decided what wheels I want to install yet, I bought some bbs's but I don't think I can make them work with how small the hub bore is on them. My original plan was to keep these wheels and get them powder coated and run some white walls. Going to try and make the bbs's work first

ZbVpgbMl.jpg

Well if you want your car to handle you should go with wider wheels
Stock pizza cutters even in 4.5 make the car a handful (something I enjoy)
Add that to non performing whitewalls ...

Well if you want your car to handle you should go with wider wheels
Stock pizza cutters even in 4.5 make the car a handful (something I enjoy)
Add that to non performing whitewalls ...

Yeah I agree, I have the 5.5 wide steels right now, would love to maybe widen these wheels to fit a 205 tire on for a little better handling. Definitely don?t mind the ride right now but would love to fill out the wheel well a little more

Man this looks like a pretty nice car! I vote for whitewalls or something a little more classic.

Probably go this route, fitting some bmw wheels seems like a little too much work then I’m wanting, was trying to have the 242 and amazon with matching wheels. Something a little more wide would be ideal

Yeah I agree, I have the 5.5 wide steels right now, would love to maybe widen these wheels to fit a 205 tire on for a little better handling. Definitely don?t mind the ride right now but would love to fill out the wheel well a little more

5.5 on in these pictures ?
They look to be 4 or maybe 4.5

Nice progress on the interior!

I like how the 100mm spring look when the car is not moving but real world use is not pleasant at that height. I even went from 60mm lowered back to 40mm on mine because I like to take my car on gravel roads every so often. Also, suspension geometry starts to get a little wacky at that height, but for cruising 100mm looks sweet!

Nice progress on the interior!

I like how the 100mm spring look when the car is not moving but real world use is not pleasant at that height. I even went from 60mm lowered back to 40mm on mine because I like to take my car on gravel roads every so often. Also, suspension geometry starts to get a little wacky at that height, but for cruising 100mm looks sweet!

yeah I read that the ride quality might not be the best but since it isn't a daily driver and a short distance driver id be ok with the. Its not that bad considering my 242 (which isn't my daily driver either) has some pretty stiff suspension so im not too worried about it. Definitely looks pretty cool cruising around, will be a lot better once I get the wheel situation figured out

I have no issues with the same springs and Bilstein shocks. put about 15k miles on it last year. I even take on dirt roads

with the lower balljoint flip alignment comes in perfect and CAs sit nice and level.
is the ride a little firm - sure but not slammed ricebowl car stiff

I have no issues with the same springs and Bilstein shocks. put about 15k miles on it last year. I even take on dirt roads

with the lower balljoint flip alignment comes in perfect and CAs sit nice and level.
is the ride a little firm - sure but not slammed ricebowl car stiff

Honestly never thought about taking this on some dirt roads, feel like I have some pretty good go round clearance compared to the 242. Still need to dial in the suspension a little more.

I?ll have to do some research on that ball joint flip, doing a full suspension overall is up next on the list. It definitely adds up pretty quick with all the steering components on these Amazon?s. Yeah it?s definitely not that harsh of a ride thankfully

Just look at my 66 build thread

Just looked at your thread, very impressive. Would love to tackle some body work like you did eventually.

When you lowered the car did you just get some bolts at a hardware store for the sway bar endlinks?

Just looked at your thread, very impressive. Would love to tackle some body work like you did eventually.

When you lowered the car did you just get some bolts at a hardware store for the sway bar endlinks?

Thank you. Amazons are a great classroom for bodywork. Hard to mess it up

Not sure anymore... I have a ton of this stuff, I think I had an installation kit from ipd in one of my stashes otherwise I would have just used the old stuff

Thank you. Amazons are a great classroom for bodywork. Hard to mess it up

Not sure anymore... I have a ton of this stuff, I think I had an installation kit from ipd in one of my stashes otherwise I would have just used the old stuff

Luckily this car is pretty straight, I?m on the hunt for a passenger side door since it?s full of bondo. The passenger side rear quarter panel also has bondo but fixable.

Think about just getting a shorter bolt but I?ll check ipd and see what they have if anything.

I have the whole qt panel of you ended up needing it. No coupe doors right now

I didn’t see a need for a shorter bolt, just go to fastenall and they’ll have it in stock

I have the whole qt panel of you ended up needing it. No coupe doors right now

I didn?t see a need for a shorter bolt, just go to fastenall and they?ll have it in stock

Yeah probably won?t be going that route but let me know if you come across any doors in the pearl white

With the 100mm drop I was having problems with the end link being too long. The control arm wasnt able to compress all the way up. Need a shorter bolt and shorten the spacer as well. Need to take a better look at it when I have some free time

Back