• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

project blue is better

What color for my Titan wheels?

• Flat black

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • White

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Hans, in my opinion you should modify the lower bracket of your mocal. It is far too stiff, the mocal expands amazingly when getting hot. The lower part is fixed better in rubber mountings or with washers and able to slide while expanding. The upper are ok.

cheers Kay

Hmm--no problem if it expands upwards, -- the top brackets have enough give, and sidewise, -- the bottom ones have give on the lower radiator bracket -- So up to 2,-3 mm heat expansion, no problem sidewise. I drilled the holes on one side to 6,5 mm and use washers, not tidying the nuts too much, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Other then that, I've ordered this :

http://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar...anslutning/slutdampare-med-dubbla-utblas.html

I mounted it wednesday, as soon as it was here... What I can say is :

It looks very good, shinny finish. But, even with the 3" inlet pipe, in the muffler it's 2.5"... The sound is ugly :barf:, with a huge drone @ 3000 RPM, and my car lost a lot of power past 4500 RPM...:poo:

So, I'm back to my previous real 3" JT muffler, and my car (and my ears) are happy now!

If you're tempted to buy this KL crap, stay away for it! Even with this low price, it's still too expensive for what it is...

Hi,

I would buy it if youre up to :)

Other then that, I've ordered this :

http://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar...anslutning/slutdampare-med-dubbla-utblas.html

I mounted it wednesday, as soon as it was here... What I can say is :

It looks very good, shinny finish. But, even with the 3" inlet pipe, in the muffler it's 2.5"... The sound is ugly :barf:, with a huge drone @ 3000 RPM, and my car lost a lot of power past 4500 RPM...:poo:

So, I'm back to my previous real 3" JT muffler, and my car (and my ears) are happy now!

If you're tempted to buy this KL crap, stay away for it! Even with this low price, it's still too expensive for what it is...

:grrr:GRRR, -- one exhaust valve packed in, -- not closing tight anymore -- overheat easily!
So had to get a spare head 530 ready, shaved cleaned up valves lapped and pressure tested.
returned to Elring standard head gasket. Cometic 0.35 was too thin.
Now after 2 hectic days car runs again, maybe not as powerful as before, but its a reliable daily runner.
The 531 needs a complete overhaul. Valve guides too much play etc. At least there are no cracks in the head.

:grrr:GRRR, -- one exhaust valve packed in, -- not closing tight anymore -- overheat easily!
So had to get a spare head 530 ready, shaved cleaned up valves lapped and pressure tested.
returned to Elring standard head gasket. Cometic 0.35 was too thin.
Now after 2 hectic days car runs again, maybe not as powerful as before, but its a reliable daily runner.
The 531 needs a complete overhaul. Valve guides too much play etc. At least there are no cracks in the head.

Damn! Bad news Hans!!!! I hope you'll find a possibility to renew your 531... If not, don't be afraid, send it to me...;-)

Back