• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage 140 Linkage Solutions?

fatcatbestcat

Professional Hack
Right, this isn't a problem yet, but I can see it being an issue in the future, so I figure I might as well ask and order parts now.

So I have a 1967 144S, which originally came with SU carbs. I'm probably swapping to either a 38/38 DGMS or DCOE 45s when I get around to reassembling the (swapped) engine.

I understand that the 140s, because of the intake being on the passenger side, has a linkage bar of some sort that runs under the dash.

DSC01397.JPG

Where exactly am I supposed to attach any kind of aftermarket linkage arms to?

I see this nub that pokes out of the firewall, but is it threaded?

I also happen to have an IPD throttle cable conversion kit for a DGMS... is that possible to use on a non-EFI car?

Sorry for some probably dumb noob questions.
Any guidance is helpful.

The DGMS linkage uses the original firewall bushing for the rear of the cross shaft. The front will ride in a heim joint on the manifold.

DCOE manifolds typically have mounts for the cross shaft.

With either setup the linkage rod from the pedal connects to an arm on the cross shaft just like with the SU's.

Redline sells linkage kits for the DGV/DGMS carbs. It's not listed on their website so you have to call them to order or buy it from me. I keep them in stock.

K8904WEB.JPG

They also have linkage kits for the DCOE's but they have a 5/16" shaft with stamped metal arms that can slip if not tightened very tight.

99006.105b.jpg

I like the kits that Pierce sells. They use a 3/8 stainless steel shaft with aluminum arms that are much nicer.

PM3702-L-2.jpg

Redline sells linkage kits for the DGV/DGMS carbs. It's not listed on their website so you have to call them to order or buy it from me. I keep them in stock.

99006.105b.jpg

I might have to go that route.

I like the kits that Pierce sells. They use a 3/8 stainless steel shaft with aluminum arms that are much nicer.

Eh, I haven't had the best experience with Pierce. Last manifold/linkage set I ordered from them, they gave me the wrong sized eyelets for the manifold, and neither would fit. I contacted them about ordering the correct size, and they told me to call their shop... I'm not into long distance calls.

Back