• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

85 760t lh2.4 swap, hard idle

Pietercc

I'm just finishing up puting a newer engine from a 91 turbo, and LH 2.4 wiring from a 92 240 into my 760, current it will start without the maf plugged in, but idles like crap and backfires, and then won't even start when i do plug it in, does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping to start driving it on Monday, it has been a long 7 month of driving a stock 245 around, and I'm missing my turbo

Damn, does no one know? I've done everything over the last two days, and nothing has changed. I have 2.4 from a 92 240 on a b230ft from 91, the idle will jump up and down from 500rpm to 2000rpm, and backfires a lot. It's not vacuum, not idle air valve, not the maf, not the timing, what am I missing? I'm grasping at straws here, if i can't get it to work I'm just going to throw 2.2 back in, please help

I had a bad ECU once. That did the same thing. I also put a wrong chip in a wrong ECU, that did some crazy stuff. Check your EZKs and ECU. Like above said make sure you have the right MAF.

Back