• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Concept

5cylinder-dream

Hello All!
I've been lurking all your articles for a few years now, and have finally decided to join the community!
I own a 2005 xc90, 2.5L AWD B5254T2.
But I've been obsessed with the idea of making a clean brick since I first learned I could. I have a line on a potential 1989 240, and I wanted to know if anyone had ever done a swap from the B series into a 240? Also maybe thinking of donating the transmission but as I'm sure you all can tell I have very little experience so I don't know if any of it would work. Are there specific things necessary for an i5 swap that you wouldn't need otherwise?

Has anyone done this before? I've tried finding any examples but couldn't.
Any resources would be awesome and appreciated!
Thanks guys!

If by B series you mean Volvo gas powered modular motors you'll want to look up "whiteblock swap" and you'll find your info.

There are quite a few threads about it, you can do pretty much the whole swap just from info already documented here on TB.

If by B series you mean Volvo gas powered modular motors you'll want to look up "whiteblock swap" and you'll find your info.

There are quite a few threads about it, you can do pretty much the whole swap just from info already documented here on TB.

^ This.

But it's not TB?#3@p?.

Brilliant!!! (Yes I was, the inline 5 cyl from my xc90 has been a beast and maybe just a lucky block!) Thank you guys so much, when this gets underway I'll make sure to keep anyone interested up to date! :D

Back