• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Some 200r4 Swap pics (fairly bad pics)

megaboo. you'll gain hoarses.

seriously put a motor with rods in it and get on the dyno with some tuning, push it.

please tell me your going to pull the head off the current block when you do the swap! :)

What head and what swap?

And I have a set of rods here which I am tempted to throw in but at the rate this motor consumes oil I think I would be better off doing pistons also. Makes it more expensive but that is the plan, 9.5:1, rods and kenny head mixed in with the Megaboo should make some pretty stupid power if I am already at 12.0

Sounds like we're headed down the same road Mike, except I already have the bottom end and ported 531. I'm at 9.0ish:1 and it's a blast, 9.5 should be nice, even better once I have a legit WB and can toss the MS box into mine. You have the benefit of being able to get the intake/exhaust past emissions though, where I'm stuck on stock for now at least.

I'm anxious to see where you end up once the longblock is beefed up over stock!

BTW you coming up this way in the next 6 months? Can I hire you out for a weekend for the swap into mine (and a rebuild on the 200r4)? ;-)

wider rears

we should widen it, your quarter panels are jacked anyways, and your car could use a fresh coat of paint ;) and a nicer intake ;) and wider wheels ;)

Crappy video but here you go Sam, I will get more Later I promise but for now this is what you get.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HxWjTuaVl-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Commented as
Quick test of Manual trans Brake, 5-6psi launch pretty much destroyed rear tires. Next Clip is a simple roll into it in 2nd gear @ 25psi in which sideways I go.

What rpm are you reaching against the brakes there. I can barely make out the tach needle in the video.

I will have to try to get daytime video, I think it is 3000+rpm, I need to figure out what this converter is stalling at.

Nice traction

ha yea, traction? what's that?

I am afraid to try the slicks at the track . . .

Well looks like the head will be coming off this week, #2 is stripped and I seem to have some coolant that is going away along with a rusty lookin #2. So we shall see what this weekend shows. I had a few odd under load misfires yesterday so I wanted to check plugs and what not and this AM it was running down a cyl at idle (pulling injector didn't affect it much) so I figured this might be part of the issue I had before I took it down for trans swap. Once I have a working head on it I promise to get a dyno as soon as I can or track it.

Lucky me I have a milled 530 in the shed that is ready to go, just need to find head gasket set.

Back