• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ahh ****, another compressor bypass thread

shellshock

Below, is a photo of Clay
Everyone loves these, don't they?

Anyway, 1989 760 Turbo. It's been down on some power and I suspected I had some metered air leaking somewhere. Found the issue at the compressor bypass valve. It's the older style (Volvo part number 1389225) that bolts on to the head.

GR-43687.jpg

I can no longer find this thing new.

My question is, has anyone found an aftermarket unit that fits (hooks back into stock location) well? This is a SUPER nice car, and I don't want to go mucking it up with boy racer **** unless I have to.

$_1.JPG

Maybe one of these Bosch style ones?

I am in a similar boat (my CBV is integrated though into turbo)...

does not look like your CBV is piston style. You most likely can find a replacement?

Maybe one of these Bosch style ones?

Yes.

I have used that exact Bosch CBV on a 740 turbo/intake piping setup.
The only real caveat is that I was missing the small diameter link pipe (no. 12?) so made my own up, so I can't be 100% sure it fits right in with the standard hoses. But it probably will.

For a Bosch one use the one for a Porsche 911 turbo. It looks the same but has a metal insert to make the valve stronger. I eventually went to a Forge unit that looks just like the Bosch bypass valve. It has lasted many years. I put a bypass valve on my 82 turbo.

Won't work Scotty. He's talking T25 on a 230FT.

I've been looking at a few options to make a stock looking setup using a Forge 007 and the bracket the OP has, haven't found much. The lower hose attaches to the bracket and fitting, not onto the valve, then the valve is gasketed to the bracket. I was also looking for a CBV with a similar bolt pattern, nothing so far but finding the bolt spacing info hasn't been so easy.

That is the type of valve I used from Forge. My setup uses a 740 turbo outlet pipe and I jb welded a fitting to the turbo inlet pipe. I want to change the pressure discharge from the turbo outlet to the pipe between the intercooler and throttle body. My setup is on a 240 kjet turbo.

That is the type of valve I used from Forge. My setup uses a 740 turbo outlet pipe and I jb welded a fitting to the turbo inlet pipe. I want to change the pressure discharge from the turbo outlet to the pipe between the intercooler and throttle body. My setup is on a 240 kjet turbo.

The forge been good so far? I'll get the one posted above I guess if so.

I've run a couple Forge's, one for the 15G style, plus a 007, both have been great, plus their customer service is solid. Also have a Forge wastegate actuator, nice stuff.

Back