• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to lift

Awaffa2003

Hey all,

I'm wanting to purchase Ben's front and rear coilover setup, but I'd rather not have my car down for the amount of time it would take to send the cores in and get them back extended. These would be for lifting my '80 245. If I send him the strut housings off my '93, they'll swap in no problem into my '80, correct?

Yes but good luck finding ABS struts on the rust coast.

That said I'd go ahead and pay for them up front since Ben doesn't want the small spindle struts from your 80 anyway.

You can send in the 93 struts and we can extend them. You will want to reuse the hubs from the 93 when you install them on the 80. If the 93 is not a parts car, you will need some ABS spindles to replace them.

I think I read something about struts for a VW Vanagon being used on a lifted 240. Perhaps they are longer than 240 struts. I don't really know. Could that work for this guy?

PM reply sent, I went that way last weekend, I'm going again in 2 weeks. I will make a special run for gas money if needed. That would increase the bill for cores to $60. (it's 100 miles from my work, 27mpg, Scooter the wrx burns high-test.. so actual coast is $26, but I like round numbers)

Back