• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

Got the motor in, cleaned up some excess wiring and mounted the drive by wire pedal

v9xdvvC.jpg

looks perfecty at home with that clearance, how's your space between the exhaust manifold and the steering column? I'm finding I'm going to need to be interesting with that side even with all the extra space.

We've got Hooker cast headers that tuck real close to the block and shaft from STS, so I can fit my hand between the header and steering shaft.

https://www.stsmachininginc.com/col...eering-shaft-v8-swaps-for-240-volvo-1993-1975

If its not too much to ask, can you get a better pic? I'm using a c6 header and this is what my clearance is looking like right now.

I am borrowing an exhaust jig from a friend but won't be here till mid week and I'll still have to run over to a friend's place to grab it.

edit: also I looked at those, just need to figure out a solution for the 7/9 series

awesome, I'll look into it and see if I can get some measurements from them. the stock truck manifolds would likely work perfectly with that shaft. are you using the gm ecm or going for a stand alone? I'm using gm for now since I have access to tuning hardware and software. I will be looking forward to seeing this go in, looks like you'll have it up and running before me too!

awesome, I'll look into it and see if I can get some measurements from them. the stock truck manifolds would likely work perfectly with that shaft. are you using the gm ecm or going for a stand alone? I'm using gm for now since I have access to tuning hardware and software. I will be looking forward to seeing this go in, looks like you'll have it up and running before me too!

GM ECU, custom harness, aftermarket big boy radiator, 3" exhaust out the back with no CAT, because racecar.

All of the parts we need are in transit so we SHOULD have it done by November, then we're going to Westcoast Customs and Hoonigan to visit some friends and show off the car.

GM ECU, custom harness, aftermarket big boy radiator, 3" exhaust out the back with no CAT, because racecar.

All of the parts we need are in transit so we SHOULD have it done by November, then we're going to Westcoast Customs and Hoonigan to visit some friends and show off the car.

I look forward to seeing the updates, will they(hoonigan) put you on their channel? I enjoy a lot of the build stuff they put out. It must being so frustrating and exciting to have everything you need to finish it on the way. I'm hoping to have a similar completion date myself but mostly going solo with the help of a few tber's at random when they have the time.

I look forward to seeing the updates, will they(hoonigan) put you on their channel? I enjoy a lot of the build stuff they put out. It must being so frustrating and exciting to have everything you need to finish it on the way. I'm hoping to have a similar completion date myself but mostly going solo with the help of a few tber's at random when they have the time.

No, most likely we'll just show up as an Instagram story, we're not going for the glory. It will just be nice to go on a road trip and show the car off to friends in LA.

Made some progress.

Harnes is 90% connected
Engine is completely assembled
Fuel system is almost complete

Should be running by next weekend

How many burnouts till the Spartan locker turns to dust?

Made some progress.

Harnes is 90% connected
Engine is completely assembled
Fuel system is almost complete

Should be running by next weekend

How many burnouts till the Spartan locker turns to dust?

I'd be more worried about the axleshafts then the spartan

Those mounts must sit the engine up higher than my setup. I've got the same manifolds and steering shaft, and have clearance issues around right turns. It was great for transmission clearance though.

Back