• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

giphy.gif

I'm in for some sausage.

Apparently it all started last summer when some kid got stopped in a Silvia and proceeded to give the cop that stopped him a pretty hard time. Included finding the guy on fb and sending him some pretty serious messages. Anyways, this cop decided to make it his main goal to stop any and all cars that even remotely seem as if they're modified and give them VI's. Given stock BRZ's (I promise they're stock, I know the guys haha) vehicle inspections, that type of thing.
Wow, way to ruin it for everyone buster. Well, both of them.

Watch me get a VI on the way to the Lordco show tonight as I have white wheels. -_-;

Hi,

Any one in the lower mainland with a 90+ Tailgate.

My 245 glass popped this evening.

Thanks
Pete

Yea was hoping to avoid a color mismatch and the earlier style tailgate.

Is replacing glass an option?

Tailgate was gone off that thing within 12 hours of it going out. Supposedly, there's a red 1990-91 wagon going out soon.

You could always try Northern European. Ask to speak with Tye. 206-789-7004. Pricing will be like Schram, though.

Hmm

Found one at Chapman for 475.

If I claim this with ICBC. Some light dent to wiper mount.

What are my chances of ICBC writing off car?
https://i.imgur.com/STn8wuY.jpg
(Large image)

Go in with ads for other wagons of similar age/mileage/condition to prove the wagon is worth at least 3-4 times the parts price. The icbc value for one of these 240s does not reflect the increase in price due to the hipster bump. They tried to give me 400 bucks for my written off factory turbo 240. I showed pictures and ads for factory glt turbo cars, and my write off went up to 3 grand......
The craigslist orphans thread is a good source for ads
Chapman is a good place to buy overpriced parts.
Empire Parts in abby has an 83 wagon in stock, and it was a front ender. The rear gate in the pic looks fine, if its still there:
http://www.empireabbotsford.com/inventorysearch/index2.php?id=11987

Go in with ads for other wagons of similar age/mileage/condition to prove the wagon is worth at least 3-4 times the parts price. The icbc value for one of these 240s does not reflect the increase in price due to the hipster bump. They tried to give me 400 bucks for my written off factory turbo 240. I showed pictures and ads for factory glt turbo cars, and my write off went up to 3 grand......
The craigslist orphans thread is a good source for ads
Chapman is a good place to buy overpriced parts.
Empire Parts in abby has an 83 wagon in stock, and it was a front ender. The rear gate in the pic looks fine, if its still there:
http://www.empireabbotsford.com/inventorysearch/index2.php?id=11987

Been debating about the mismatch tailgate.

Just saw your post now (after the previous )

The Chapman tailgate is color match.

With ICBC did you buy back volvo or was it a write off in your terms?

Pete

Been debating about the mismatch tailgate.

Just saw your post now (after the previous )

The Chapman tailgate is color match.

With ICBC did you buy back volvo or was it a write off in your terms?

Pete

bought it back, stripped it and scrapped it myself.

Back