home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 11-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #26
CarlosGato

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERDRIVE View Post
Fuel distributors are rebuildable, just like a carburetor. Bosch CIS is a mechanical system, like a carburetor. There's a reason Mercedes-Benz continued using CIS on their cars until 1994. What head did you put on it? If it isn't a 160 or 405 than the debate of keeping it K-jet is pretty much over. You just need to find someone who actually knows the car they're working on, sorry.
OK I will tell him parts are rebuildable. If it doesn't start up but it has good spark at the right time and trouble shooting says no fuel is getting into the CIS lines from the disributor then we can trouble shoot it like that Scotish guy shows in his videos GrayGoose. Is IPD also good for those parts you mentiond for rebuildable?

The cylinder head is what came on that car. Manuel and me took it off and I took it to a machine shop for some new valves and machinein, but I dont know its number 160 or 405, where is it found? I will become that someone myself who knows the car because like you said learning is not age dependent. Manuel is young and maybe listend to his freinds too much, they all like Hondas.

A guy at the machine shop said my motors are red block and I should buy a green book if I can ever find one so I am looking on eabay. He had a turbo Volvo back home he said
CarlosGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:59 AM   #27
James M
Bored member

You'll definitely want the construction and function manual right away, IMO the most helpful piece of Kjet literature when you are first getting to know the system

I'd send you one of my copies but I'm not near them right now

Last edited by James M; 11-23-2022 at 10:04 AM..
James M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:11 AM   #28
spock345
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosGato View Post
OK I will tell him parts are rebuildable. If it doesn't start up but it has good spark at the right time and trouble shooting says no fuel is getting into the CIS lines from the disributor then we can trouble shoot it like that Scotish guy shows in his videos GrayGoose. Is IPD also good for those parts you mentiond for rebuildable?

The cylinder head is what came on that car. Manuel and me took it off and I took it to a machine shop for some new valves and machinein, but I dont know its number 160 or 405, where is it found? I will become that someone myself who knows the car because like you said learning is not age dependent. Manuel is young and maybe listend to his freinds too much, they all like Hondas.

A guy at the machine shop said my motors are red block and I should buy a green book if I can ever find one so I am looking on eabay. He had a turbo Volvo back home he said
160 and 405 heads are casting numbers (a number stamped on the exhaust side between the ports and the valve cover). What you are going to want to pay attention to is whether or not the injector holes are in the head. With CIS/K-jet the injectors fit into holes in the head. Later EFI systems have the injectors fit into the intake manifold.

Here is a K-jet head that has been converted to use later EFI. The K-jet ports on the left in the cylinder head are the ones with the plugs in them. For reference the EFI ports are in the intake manifold on the right (black and orange thing is the injector).

Another image of where the injector holes are.

1989 240 B230F, V15 cam, chipped EZK, M47 swap (Lost a fight with a Chevy express van), the millennial falcon
2012 VW Tiguan (screw plastic water pumps), daily
spock345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #29
CarlosGato

Yes it has holes in it for the injectors, its the head that came on the car when we bought it, thank you for explanatoin though. My brother got some injectors from IPD so well try those if it ever stops raining here in ElPaso
CarlosGato is offline   Reply With Quote