• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Repair Manual for 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

BSA KM

Greetings all -

I've been out of wrenching Volvos for a few years, but a 1992 740 Turbo Wagon is luring me back.

I went looking for a Shop Manual and noticed that Haynes stops short at 1991 for the 740 and that Chilton lumps everything together from 240 throgh 850s and X-Country. I ask, because I never like the way Haynes was laid out and always appreciated the Haynes a bunch more.

eBay, Haynes site and the internet in general seems to confirm this cutoff for publications.

So - Will the up to 1991 Manual work or can anyone recommend a manual they swear by?

Many Thanks -

KCM

I would get the Haynes manual upto 91 then buy the Haynes manual for the 940 since that will have helpful information too. I'd also suggest going over to the ozvolvo site and look in their archives for 740 greenbooks. Especially for the wiring diagrams. They are great books to have even if it's only on computer. You can usually find greenbooks for sale on ebay and from automotive booksellers.

Back