• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

oil and water temp guage hookups

Mad Adder

Oz. Nothin but witches and flyin monkeys.
I did a quick search and didnt see. Anyone have pictures of where on the engine to tap into for the sending units for an oil pressure and a water temp guage ??? I didnt see any sending units on the block like the 2.3 Ford engine. Thanks

For oil pressure you can use the location of the oil pressure idiot light sender. You can use a 45 degree extension and use an oil pressure sender that has the idiot light function built in. Otherwise you can T the oil pressure sender into that location with appropriate adapters.

For coolant temp there is the stock temp sender under the intake manifold. You can remove that and use the aftermarket sender in that location. It's threaded 1/2 npt if I recall correctly. The stock sender has a single yellow wire connection about halfway back under the intake.

Last edited:
Where do I find the oil sending unit ?

There isn't an oil pressure sending unit if you don't have a gauge installed. Only the sending unit for the oil pressure light. If you have an oil pressure gauge in the dash then there will be a sending unit for the oil pressure just above the power steering pump.

Then above and behind your power steering pump. You will have the low oil pressure light sensor. That is a good location for the T or replacement sender for oil pressure.

Back