• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1989 Turbo 245 Project

chirish1234

Okay. I've been through many cars and I think this is the cleanest 245 I have purchased. Bought the car with a bad motor, still starts and runs, just has a bad knock. I originally was going to go with a 244 but when this car showed up for a grand I couldn't resist. Here are some pics of when I picked it up.

Plans for it

Suspension:
DIY coil overs
25mm f/r sway bar
IPD adjustable torque rods
Kaplhenke quick steer correction
luxe steer
adjustable panhard
245/40/17 tires

Exterior:
Black trim
custom front air dam

engine:
1992 B230FT(rebuilt)
H-beam rods
.060 oversized pistons
OBX exhaust manifold
Hx35(if the chinabay turbo is unfixable)

Management:
LH2.4 chipped ECU+EZK

drivetrain:
T5 trans swap(M46 stock drivetrain for now)
1 piece mustang driveshaft
welded diff

Interior:
Black interior swap(in progress)
Sparco front seats
Driven steering wheel

But anyway, here are some more pics of the car and the ripping out of the interior. This car won't be on the road for a while as I lost my license for 7 months(DMV is a bitch) but I will try to get her out to Englishtown for some drift events. This car is going to be a nice street driven drift car(doesn't make sense does it?:-P)

**** TAN INTERIOR!

Stripped

better interior(obviously not done) Happy Mordi v

Only rust I could find

Kinda put back together(already looks better then ****ty tan interior!)

The bottom end that should be put together tomorrow night!
(****ty cell phone picture)

Some go fast stuff

Nice find, I'll take those two front tan seats if they are cheap enough! Black on black will look $weet!

Who's shop is tush with all the Volvos, I like the twin white 245's.

Thanks haha, and the seats were unfortunately trashed.

The shop is my father's shop where I work. Were kind of an independent Volvo shop based out of Caldwell,NJ

Sweet, your dad owns a honey hole, I really could have used those front seats, haven't you learn to not throw stuff out!

Okay I haven't updated this in 3 months now figured I would post some of whats been happening. Not much, but some stuff anyway.

Started taking the engine out and decided to repaint the engine bay and take out all of the wiring/battery box. Didn't some out as good as I'd want it to but it doesn't look half bad as well for practically no prep work since I was working on a tight schedule.

Also put down some sound deadening. Need to fix on small rust spot before I continue to finish the rest and can put the carpet down.

Also scored a crack free dash for 45 bucks!

And then painted the block(still waiting on assembly, works been busy)

Oh and also cut up an 850 R bumper to make it work on a 240. Going to work on a metal splitter across the bottom too. Test fit on my moms stock 240, it'll probably be scraping the pavement on my car.

And started taking the adhesive crap off the side because I don't plan on putting the side trim back on.

Okay, haven't updated this in a really long time.

The car has been on/off the road for about a year now. I've gone through 2 m47s and 1 m46(enough to fund a t5 if I would have sold them) so I'll be taking it off the road till spring to put the t5 among other things. Here is its current mods(aside from a blown apart m46)

1991 b230ft 125k
V15 enem turbo cam
T3/t4 chinabay turbo @23psi
42 lb injectors
Lao chip lh 2.4 6800 rev
3 bar for
Iac delete
2.5 ic piping to 2.5 I/o mishimoto intercooler
3" amm
3" do
Welded diff
Solid trailer arm bushings
Cut springs
Bilstein hd front struts
****ty racing seat
Wire tuck
Battery relocation
Euro front end
90+ hatch
17x8 mustang wheels
245/40/17 front tires 225/45/17 rear tires

Here are some pictures current and some from when it was on the road

Oh and I blew out the axle shafts last weekend, then the trans went next. Good times lol

Vertical video makes baby Jesus cry. Looks fun, though.
I know lol, every time I get a decent shenanigan session in the wagon my friends never have ther e good cameras. Hopefully I'll get some track time next spring. Looking into a hyrdo setup. Oh, I saw that you have microsquirte, I was looking into it. Was it difficult to get running?

Every time I see this car, I think it has a V8 in it.
Lol why is that? I'll always keep the wagon Volvo powered! The green car though, that might get a v8 if I ever get to it.

I know lol, every time I get a decent shenanigan session in the wagon my friends never have ther e good cameras. Hopefully I'll get some track time next spring. Looking into a hyrdo setup. Oh, I saw that you have microsquirte, I was looking into it. Was it difficult to get running?

I had a few issues, some self inflicted, some not. It was a learning experience for sure, but not overly difficult. I had to pick the brain of a few folks on the forum (thanks Stiggy and Kenny!) but it was fairly smooth, and I had a lot of helping hands when folks came to my place for a small TB's meet and we wired it up.

Long story short, it's not that bad, but it can be very frustrating. Do yourself a favor and buy their harness as well.

Does it have an option for launch control and what not? And what kind of boost are you running? Any ideas on power gains? I'm thinking of pulling the motor, putting the built one in with the t5 attached and maybe doing microsquirte since its so cheap.

Does it have an option for launch control and what not? And what kind of boost are you running? Any ideas on power gains? I'm thinking of pulling the motor, putting the built one in with the t5 attached and maybe doing microsquirte since its so cheap.

No launch control or built in boost control. I upgraded to this from a ms1 setup and so far the improvement just in drivability was well worth the price of admission. I replaced the clutch not long ago, so I'm only running wastegate pressure of 10psi while I break it in. Eventually it'll be in the 25psi+ area. I now have access to a dyno, so I'll do all the big boost tuning there.

Microsquirt doesn't have all the features that a standard ms2 does simply because of size constraints. It had everything I needed, though.

Back