• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MS E85 Timing map

90volvo

Ive searched and found some timing tables. I have the car performing pretty well on 91 octane. But wonder if my timing is to conservative. Just would like to see some maps of good solid tune. Ive never heard my engine ping but like to keep it that way. heres my specs on engine.
B230ft
Ported and bigger 8v 530 head
RSI stage 3 cam
90 plus man
T3/T4 turbo 57trim st. 3 wheel
custom intake
treadstone ic
3 inch ex.
1000cc ID inj.
MS 2

- Running autobox aw71 like to help low end as much as possible. But want to keep timing in safe zone. I found some tables but they are pretty old threads. TY

Last edited:
Not tuned but I have been driving on this map for the last 5+ years with anywhere from e54 to e85 without any melted engine parts yet.

e85map.jpg

Thank you, Im running a near stock but have tried bumping it up quite a bit with no ping. I have dug around and found that timing with 93 octane and e85 will be close together. I used to think you need more timing with e85 but know now thats not really true unless your experiencing detonation. Which e85 being more octane will take care of the detonation. I hope Im thinking right on that subject. Regardless thanks for the map.

what I've found is this:
if you're not knock limited on 93, you won't need much more timing with e85 at the same level
if you are knock limited on 93, you really want to hit the rollers to make sure you don't over-advance the engine

what it will normally let you do is run more boost and maintain effective timing, or run higher CR (or both if you like to party like me). there's some other gotchas though, you don't want the car to sit.

what I've found is this:
if you're not knock limited on 93, you won't need much more timing with e85 at the same level
if you are knock limited on 93, you really want to hit the rollers to make sure you don't over-advance the engine

what it will normally let you do is run more boost and maintain effective timing, or run higher CR (or both if you like to party like me). there's some other gotchas though, you don't want the car to sit.

Thanks for advice. I never got email back regarding tuning and data that I sent. Figured, you were covered up. Might be a good thing its caused me to dig in and learn to tune but my main thing is I dont want to hurt the engine. Im getting closer on the gm trans swap and I am aiming for the 12s. Thanks for info guys.

Back