• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 SW 1990 Turbo No Spark, no pulse

Spray two or three long blasts in an open throttle, close throttle, have helper crank, start engine, then PULSE brake cleaner into the closed throttle to keep it running.

We drive trucks with dead fuel pumps into the work bay doing this. One Wheel Man and one Can Man rides under the hood.

Sounds like you have a fuel system problem...

Fuel pump Relay is almost new and tested, but please see videos, I got it to run, should say we got it to run, BUT with the AMM unplugged, If I plugged it back in car won't start, tryed few times did not get all of it in video, but remember I swapped the AMM from my 780 turbo, same P/N (running car) and nothing, no start( back in November) Also swapped ECU's as well; today, I sprayed and got it to start, but if I leave the AMM connected- nothing

https://youtu.be/yfRWpb4Mvgw

Actually I hooked back up the return pipe from the intercooler to the TB and car was running on its own with the help of the Gas pedal, so may be is some kind of short in the AMM or the wires going into it
Once again thanks to everybody for your help and advice on getting my daily driver back!

Looks like you were having fun in the vid!

If it only runs with the MAF unplugged it could mean your mixture is way off.

Plug the ignition wire back in, start the engine, and spray around with the brake cleaner and see if you can get the engine to change speed/stall. You may have a big air leak.

Ok, got to work for two half days on the car- took off the intake, cleaned the injectors, new gaskets, TB and ETC, then drained the gas tank, changed fuel filter and refiled with fresh premium- still no start. At this time number one suspect is the P connector (3 wire) from LH pos 18 to neg on Injectors, the problem is that my car is 1990 and manual is from October 1989, just before they changed from Hall to RPM sensor and I cannot find such a connector in the RF fender. I suspect the pulse is not strong enough to operate, and I will jump this wire directly from Pos 18 to find out, After all this time spent troubleshooting, I am confident that this time I am on the right path,
will update once it starts.

Finally back to life! Clogged Intercooler- bypassed it with a pipe from a C70, car starts fine. I guess in 30 years got filled up with oil- back in 2008 replaced turbo because oil was escaping trough exhaust, but never drained the intercooler. I kept a 95 940 Intercooler with the pipes and I guess now is the time to upgrade.
Thanks everybody for your help and moral support! Lesson learned: keep your engine bay clean and if everything else is fine( spark and fuel delivery) don't forget the the third main component- AIR!

REVISED!
It is the Turbo- please see the video,
https://youtu.be/_dqsyEa_oRg
cleaned the intercooler and took the car for a spin, after revving up the engine it died again- had to push it back, luckily not far from home. Started thinking...after giving it gas it died- bypassed the turbo and took off the hose- it is spitting oil into the intake and clogs it.

Last edited:
Back