• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Walbro 450 Install help/write up.

JKnuck6

I feel like I have come across a thread in the past about installing a Walbro 450, with 6an line, and a 30amp relay, bulk head into the sending unit, wire diagram etc... the more info the better obviously... Is this possible to do without going with an aftermarket fuel rail? Pretty sure I have seen people who cut the stock fuel rail and weld on a 6an fitting. Thank you for all your help and advice in advance.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to drop a link for me.

If not by this weekend I will just go for it and hopefully not explode myself.

I mean, you get a wiring bulkhead and a -6 bulkhead fitting, then jam it all together. There isn't that much to it.

Linked album below as I'm on mobile and can't grab direct links to embed: https://imgur.com/a/0Hx08Y3

Last edited:
Be prepared for the stock fuel pressure regulator to not handle the extra flow. Base fuel pressure will be about 50-55psi on a stock rail and FPR with a walbro 450 pump.
The smaller 320 AEM pumps work just fine with a stock style FPR.

I already have the 3.8/4 bar FPR from the Dodge Daytona on the car. That should handle it I would assume.

It's not a matter of pressure but volume, if the hole in the FPR isn't big enough it will overpressurize. Think of what would happen if you hooked a garden hose up to a drinking straw,

i am dropping in here just to ask... if you upgrade to the Walbro 450, do you have to use e85 fuel with it? or is high octane 91+ fuel acceptable? Walbro sites list as FLEX so I assume it will handle high octane plus e85...

no NEED to run e85, but gives you the option for sure when you wanna upgrade the rest of the line and everything to be able to run it.

Back