• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best leather conditioner

Just used the Lexol two-step treatment. If I can find some nice front seat skins to match, I will probably use Leatherique. My goal right now isn't really to restore the leather, it's to keep it from getting worse. Hopefully Lexol will do the trick.

Wlg7LZkl.jpg

I'm also going to get my windows tinted the legal 15% in the back and 30% in the front with ceramic tint for $200 with a 20-year warranty this Saturday.

Just wanted to ask if you guys have had good experiences with ceramic tint.

Thanks for all the help and advice + especially to mblue240, I would have completely forgotten about tinting if it wasn't for his suggestion. You guys are all great, thanks again.

Just used the Lexol two-step treatment. If I can find some nice front seat skins to match, I will probably use Leatherique. My goal right now isn't really to restore the leather, it's to keep it from getting worse. Hopefully Lexol will do the trick.

Wlg7LZkl.jpg

Looks good.

Leatherique isn't a restoration product it's a conditioning product like Lexol - just much better at maintaining the current state and for rejuvenating seats that have been neglected over the years and have dried out. Just FYI.

Still looks great.

Just got my windows tinted with ceramic tint at 20% all around, and a 70% Nano-ceramic tint on the windshield you can barely see is there, but makes a huge difference on how much heat comes through. Paid $300, and it comes with a 20-year warranty.

Anyway, the 740 looks nicer now, and is way more comfortable to drive. I will really feel the difference first time I park it in the sun. I'll let the car be for at least 3 days to let the tint cure in peace, though.

Last edited:
You might want to try mink oil on your leather seats, it does a great job on my leather old school hiking boots, they are 10+ years old now and still look like new,100+ hikes in the Catskills and 70+ hikes in Big Bend National Park.

Mink oil is a source of palmitoleic acid, which possesses physical properties similar to human sebum.

Might as well try some 'forehead grease' :-P

You guys really have suggested a lot of good products. I'll be sure to try them one by one in the future, especially if I ever want to do a restoration of any worn down leather products. Thanks again.

Finally got front seat skins to complete my interior.

So, I also got Leatherique to condition/restore those skins before going in as well as the rest of the interior.

Got the Leatherique Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean set last Friday, lathered it on the same day and left the car in the sun for some 4 hours. Gave some spots that soaked the rejuvenator in a little more. Next day, gave everything a second coat/'lathering.' Sunday I let them soak the whole day.

For the front skins to go in, I soaked them Last Saturday and stuck them in a black trash bag and put them in the sun for several hours. After about 5 hours, I gave them a second layer. Left them to soak overnight and the next day, applying more on Sunday, finally cleaning them up Monday morning.

After I did that, I also cleaned up the car interior and got everything ready to reupholster the driver's seat.

Summary:

The skins I had soaked in a black trash bag, that were already in slightly better shape, came out wonderfully soft. Leatherique also helped clean them up nicely.

Likewise, the areas where there were scratches and damage on my seats soaked in the rejuvenator well and softened up nicely. Areas with no damage/breaks did become softer as well but to a lesser extent, since the paint was letting less rejuvenator get soaked in.

Also, I'm still working with the baked area at the top of the rear bench seat. I've been told it make take several weeks for that area to see substantial improvement.

All in all, I'd recommend Leatherique! The stuff really works, but it's a bit messy to work with and you must have patience. Also, I'll note that it darkened areas with creases and breaks in the paint as the underlying leather got hydrated.

X81lUmdl.jpg

Driver's seat is now a pleasure to sit in. I'd happily spend the $$$ on the rejuvenator again to keep it soft for years to come.

On another note, my seat heater elements looked excellent. I always assumed they were done for... but now I'm thinking the ambient temp just isn't nearly ever low enough here for them to kick on.. anyone know what temp that is?

Thanks all.

Ha! I don?t have an answer to your question. I use saddle butter for leather boots and saddles but I don?t know where you get it, the price, or it?s value in putting it on car seats. I think it?s hilarious that turbo bricks is going to decide definitively what the worlds best leather conditioner is.

Edit: yikes this was asked 2 years ago. I suppose my imput and joke are a little late. Ha!

Back