• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Don't...Flip...That...Wagon...!

Survey says no on the pics, its a shame i missed it with documentation. It was freaking insane,

it literally was this far in the air
1-two-wheel-driving.jpg

at that point, its a letdown NOT to roof it. :lol:

triangle roof?:lol: lead wheels? or put some 6 piston calipers and 17" rotors on it

Carbon roof skin would actually do very little to help. The actual skin of the roof weighs very little. If you take the reinforcement out then you need to make the carbon strong enough to replace it. Lots of work for the beneift, in my opinion. I'd get it lower, if I were you- but I'm no expert.
For the body you'd get the biggest benefit from Lexan windows. Seriously, take the glass out of a car that size and weigh it. You'll be amazed how heavy it is.

Carbon roof skin would actually do very little to help. The actual skin of the roof weighs very little. If you take the reinforcement out then you need to make the carbon strong enough to replace it. Lots of work for the beneift, in my opinion. I'd get it lower, if I were you- but I'm no expert.
For the body you'd get the biggest benefit from Lexan windows. Seriously, take the glass out of a car that size and weigh it. You'll be amazed how heavy it is.

I beg to differ,

the roof skin weighs ALOT. Its a fairly big piece of relatively thick sheet metal. Add the tar paper on it that you need to keep it from humming on the highway and you got atleast 30 lbs up in the air....

The glass in the 240 is ALOT lighter then the steel roof is. the flat glass windows on the 245 are not thick. lexan sucks, its not very durable, it looks like crap, and it scratches.

I beg to differ,

the roof skin weighs ALOT. Its a fairly big piece of relatively thick sheet metal. Add the tar paper on it that you need to keep it from humming on the highway and you got atleast 30 lbs up in the air....

The glass in the 240 is ALOT lighter then the steel roof is. the flat glass windows on the 245 are not thick. lexan sucks, its not very durable, it looks like crap, and it scratches.

Have you ever actually held a roof skin in your hands? I seriously doubt it. I have though. Go cut the roof skin off a scrap car, take the glass out and weigh the two. You'll find the glass is much heavier.
I've just been up in the attic and moved the side glass around from my 142 (note: 142, not 145) and it weighed a bloody ton. I used to banger racing in my youth and most vehicles, once you took the glass out, looked like you'd taken the engine out, they jumped up on the suspension that much.

Have you ever actually held a roof skin in your hands? I seriously doubt it. I have though.

I have, its was pretty easy when we sectioned a 145 to feel the weight of the different panels... IT IS HEAVY.

The volume of the roof skin of a 245 is roughly 198in^3 times that by the density of the steel (.283 lb/in^3) and you get 56 lbs. Add in the weight of the tar paper. There is a bunch of it on the later 245's lets assume its 15 lbs.

You can make a stronger and stiffer roof out of carbon that weighs about 8 lbs.

56 of steel + 15 of tar paper - 8 lbs of replacement carbon = 63 lbs. A freaking 63 lb saving on the highest point of the car... you don't think thats significant? The windows centroid of mass is much lower then the centroid of the roof....

Bne - what kind of shocks you running?

And one from the archives:

saturn.jpg

At this point, I'd be scared ****less. HOWEVER, it would make the most AWESOME story ever.

"This one time, when I almost roofed a Saturn..."

EDIT: Would that be "Roofed," or "Rooved?"

Last edited:
36 front and 26 rear.

The v710 don't need / want much pressure. Especially since the 285 is stretched on my 10.5" wheel.

pressure's right on. damn. what about using chassis flex to your advantage? try taking the strut tower bars off the firewall (if you even have it set up like that)

pressure's right on. damn. what about using chassis flex to your advantage? try taking the strut tower bars off the firewall (if you even have it set up like that)

Chassis flex and advantage in the same sentence? If anything I need a stiffer chassis, the answer is a lower CG

the answer is a lower CG

that is basically the only thing that will help without introducing a tradeoff in grip.

The bottom line is that the cornering forces are pulling the car over. Car needs to be lower/lighter up top.

that is basically the only thing that will help without introducing a tradeoff in grip.

The bottom line is that the cornering forces are pulling the car over. Car needs to be lower/lighter up top.

I think its been said like 5 times in this post and yet people are answering incorrect solutions. :???:

Back