• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Double02

Amazonamino

Seen at a local Volvo meet. Can anyone explain this one to me? Looks like an Amazon wagon was the starting point, but with 1800 fins? I'm assuming this was a well-done custom job but I've been surprised with some of the stuff the factory put out over the years.
  2. Double02

Trabertone - the 'making-of' video

For those that didn't see this in Tonight's Volvo Orphan, a buddy threw this together for kicks (and after no small amount of judgement-impairing substances) At long last the making-of video is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vV1gspjKE
  3. Double02

240 Electrical failure

'80 NA 240, stock k-jet So about two blocks from work this morning, my AMP light came on, gauges died, signal lights stopped working, radio stopped, basically all electrical. The car was still running though, and I made it to my parking spot a few minutes later where the car thoughtfully died...
  4. Double02

variable voltage on cold starts

mostly stock '80 b21f In the last little while I've noticed my voltage has been jumping around for the first several minutes after a cold start. The issue first showed up as a bouncing needle on the volts gauge when idling, say +- 1/2 V. Now, the gauge shows just under 14 V for a few seconds...
  5. Double02

USB charger

Has anyone done this for a 240? http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=109613 One of the blanks in the console switch panel is begging for it.
  6. Double02

Shudder/vibration from the rear

For the last while, I've noticed around town that I get a little vibration whenever I accelerate from a stop. The initial takeoff is normal, but after 1-2 seconds there's another 1-2 seconds of shuddering, then it continues normally. I've only noticed it in first before, and especially if I'm...
  7. Double02

Shots from the gravel roads of BC

I did a bit of a gravel tour with a few guys this weekend. Not a real rally, but two of the cars/teams were rally regulars, two of the other teams had some pretty good experience, and the other guys (me included) were just trying not to break anything. This is all north of Vancouver, roughly...
  8. Double02

3rd Annual Rallye de Chilliwack - BC

I'm guessing this is a bit of a long shot for participants around here, but just in case - the 3rd annual Rallye de Chilliwack is just over a month away, set for Sept 15th. Details on the event are here: http://www.classiceuropeancarclub.com/RDC12-a3.htm There is a $25 registration fee, which...
  9. Double02

240 high frequency noise under part load

I've started hearing a pretty high frequency noise in the cabin in the last few days, something like 10,000 Hz. I can generally reproduce it when coasting or cruising at part load. It isn't there at idle or when accelerating, and the frequency will drop a bit if I apply light throttle. Hard to...
  10. Double02

Electrical gremlins - '80 240

A couple of things turned up over the weekend that I suspect are related. I've had the car for over two years with no prior electrical glitches other than phantom bulb warnings and occassional fast blinking on the left turn indicator. Sequence of events: Installed R-sport gauge cluster about a...
  11. Double02

Spring Thaw 2012 photos

For the past three years I've entered a weekend vintage car tour that covers around 1,200 km of secondary roads through central BC. It's open to cars from 1979 and earlier. This year I snuck in my '80 244 on the basis that the model was exactly the same as the '79s. 73 cars were in it this year...
  12. Double02

Switch in 240 gas pedal?

In the last couple of days I'm noticing an audible click when I take my foot off the gas. Seems to be right at the pedal pad itself. The car is a 1980 k-jet with no lambda. Is this just a spring in the pedal or is there some kind of switch in there?
  13. Double02

1980 b21f to 1982 b23e

Is this a plug & play swap? Would the b21 intake & exhaust manifolds mate up to the 405 head or would you need the b23 versions? Same fueling? I couldn't find any threads on the subject. Likely because the more typical answer around here is +T.
  14. Double02

Thunderbird 2012

Here are a few shots from the latest Thunderbird TSD rally in BC. A few Volvos were out and competing hard: Plus a bunch of other teams - 60 in total. There wasn't too much snow but LOTS of mud and plenty of icy sections. Those didn't work out so well for everyone. The worst carnage I...
  15. Double02

Fake login problem

I've been having trouble logging in all day with IE8. I enter my username and password as usual, get the 'Thank you for logging in...' window, but them I'm right back to looking at the guest screen. Meanwhile, my user name does show up in the Currently Active Users box. What gives? I've seen...
  16. Double02

'95 b230ft swap into '80 b21f - basic questions

Sorry for yet another question on this, but there seem to be so many subtle differences depending on donor and recipient vehicles. I may have a line on a donor 940 turbo, and I have a few questions and confirmation requests. 1. Is LH2.4 with a harness from a LH2.4 240 a reasonable route? If so...
  17. Double02

light output from stock sealed high beams

Does anyone know the light output (in lumens) from the stock sealed units found in the quad round setup? I like the sound of the H1 lamp and 55W +50 bulb setup, such as those sold by Daniel Stern, and want to know what improvement I can expect. Thanks.
  18. Double02

Dana 30 LSD disassembly

I'm looking to pick one of these up and am wondering how tough it is to open them up and check for broken cross shafts. I'm not especially mechanically skilled so if there are spring loaded bits that want to explode I'll leave it bolted up. But, if the only trick is the reverse threaded bolts...
  19. Double02

Where to route wire from console to engine bay?

This is for an aux driving light relay. I've seen references to running the wire through an existing hole in the bulkhead, but after looking around a bit under the dash and in the engine nothing is jumping out at me. Can anyone point me in the right direction with a photo or diagram? Thanks.
  20. Double02

240 fog switch ID and wiring clarification

These both came out of a 242GT parts car: I'm assuming one was for front fogs and one for rear. Sound right? I'd like to put one in for future aux driving lights while I have my dash apart for another job, so was doing some searching here, but have a couple of questions. I understood these...
Back