• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 LS swap cooling system thread

mine doesn't, what are yall talkin' bout

Well over heat over heat, what I should have said mine always runs hotter when I have the dial on cold. Like about 205 sometimes after sitting in traffic for a long time. But move the dial slightly off cold and it runs 180 on the nose. May just be my car. I dunno

I have no problems with not needing a bypass. I have no problem with my engine running around 204?. These engines dont mind running at the temp and modern engines are made to run hotter.

IIRC what the folks at PSI Conversions told me, the 08 Corvette ECU I'm using turns fans (2) on/off at 220F/226F and 226F/232F. So, at least in the Corvette application, if I wasn't moving fast enough to have sufficient airflow to allow the t'stat to be "in control", the factory would have me running coolant temps in the 225-235F range. I use a separate PWM controller -- but operating temps in the 200F-210F range are significantly cooler than what these engines saw in their factory application.

IIRC what the folks at PSI Conversions told me, the 08 Corvette ECU I'm using turns fans (2) on/off at 220F/226F and 226F/232F. So, at least in the Corvette application, if I wasn't moving fast enough to have sufficient airflow to allow the t'stat to be "in control", the factory would have me running coolant temps in the 225-235F range. I use a separate PWM controller -- but operating temps in the 200F-210F range are significantly cooler than what these engines saw in their factory application.

Mine was set from the factory to come on at 196? slow speed then 203? high speed fan with my 960 e-fan

Back