• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 - a beer drinker's transportation

I'm touching myself looking at pics of your car, but I'm afraid I won't reach full release without a dyno sheet. Hurry before my arm falls off or I go blind! :censored:

I'm touching myself looking at pics of your car, but I'm afraid I won't reach full release without a dyno sheet. Hurry before my arm falls off or I go blind! :censored:

Hah! I feel your pain

Awesome!

Dr Gas FTW. I just spent some money there too.

I debated a while about where to transition to oval, I ended up going with a spintech race muffler 3" round inlet to 3 1/2" oval exit and will put it directly after the firewall. Right now open dp is way too loud, the muffler and 6' of tubing should quiet things down to a bearable db level. Those boom tubes were tempting, but I wanted to kiss.

Bad ass lee! Damn I can't wait to see that thing done. I can never build another 242 again, nothing I could do would even come close to yours

should be taking it to the body shop within a couple weeks, the guy I go to is really cool and helps me out a lot. I've got to strip the whole car down, going to paint interior,trunk, and engine bay. Also need to get the holes cut out of my hood for clearance of the turbo and intake ala sundinracing style. (I'm hoping that does it, I really don't want to cut into the support).

You guys will laugh at my intercooler/radiator setup. I torched the bottom radiator support out; it was in my way.

I need a lot more weight in the rear, I haven't got the scales out yet (basically because I don't own any, but seeing if I can borrow some from the dirt track guys soon.) Might have to add ballast in the spare tire wells.

I haven't got a chance to try the nitrous out yet because I need to get the bottle filled. I am using the eboost 2 to power a relay that goes to the nitrous switch. The eboost 2 controls spray by rpm OR boost level. I'll be using the msd dis2 box to retard when in nitrous boost. I'll have to play with that and still need more time to tune megasquirt and get this thing on a dyno before I blow **** to pieces.

Doug, your making me blush, stop it. ;-)

You guys will laugh at my intercooler/radiator setup. I torched the bottom radiator support out; it was in my way.
What did you use to replace it? I wanted to cut out most of mine to fit a PSIC, but mikeP didn't like the idea so I sold it and bought a cheaper IC that fit much, much, much better.

I debated a while about where to transition to oval, I ended up going with a spintech race muffler 3" round inlet to 3 1/2" oval exit and will put it directly after the firewall. Right now open dp is way too loud, the muffler and 6' of tubing should quiet things down to a bearable db level. Those boom tubes were tempting, but I wanted to kiss.

So much of the stuff on their site is tempting. You can spend alot of money there really fast. I was going to go with a Spintech too, but I cheaped out and just got a Dynomax bullet muffler ala Doug from Jeg's and got an 3'' round to 2 1/4 x 3 3/8 oval 70 degree transitional bend and will have a nice oval side exit under the rear passenger door.

Again, can't wait to see your car all finished up. It's like a far more wild varient of what I'm doing with my 244.

Lee, that looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see some #s from it. And the wheels, gotta see the wheels. Had to go and one-up me, huh? :)

Good luck getting everything finished up.

Rob inspired teasing

79796850.jpg

79796851.jpg

I haven't posted in a while, thought this would liven things up.

Wow.. what a job you've done to that car! I'm really impressed... how long did you save your pennies for this project?
Very nice... maybe in the future you could make it to a WI meet

thats a huge wheel :omg: what are you planning to do with this car? overall badassed-ness?

btw, the rear window spoiler you sold me added 50 hp no joke! :-D

Back