• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

4.6 32V 240 Wagon

I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before now.... just finished scrolling through all the images... I love it. Must be a blast to drive. Awesome job.

And here it is in Acadia National Park in Maine:

SJmPtLAh.jpg

Looks like Cadillac mountain. Big props for actually using the car and driving it.

Always good to see the 4.6 powered 240 still rolling along. It's a great achievement.

I hear you on the Jag re: YouTube vs. forums. The thing that really killed a lot of forums was Facebook groups. They completely murdered the Lemons forum which was a damn shame.

What you're looking for does still exist though. Grassroots Motorsports forums. There is an amazing variety there and the place is still super active. These are your people: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/page1/

I'll echo that; I've learned more there about cars I'll never own than any other forum.

The XJS is truly one of the most beautiful cars ever made, imo and yours looks fantastic in red.

Always good to see the 4.6 powered 240 still rolling along. It's a great achievement.

I hear you on the Jag re: YouTube vs. forums. The thing that really killed a lot of forums was Facebook groups. They completely murdered the Lemons forum which was a damn shame.

What you're looking for does still exist though. Grassroots Motorsports forums. There is an amazing variety there and the place is still super active. These are your people: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/page1/

I want to post about the E39 and 242 there, but effort.

Time for what I guess is my annual update on the Mark VIII-swapped 240 Wagon. It is indeed still my daily driver and gets used daily, now showing 321k miles on the odometer. 43k miles on the swap in 4 years. Since the last update, I've had to replace a loose inner tie rod, a strut tower, both front wheel bearings, and a catalytic converter. The bearings had some play in them dating back to 2020 but it wasn't getting worse and they weren't noisy. I bought the parts two years ago and finally put them on in June. The magnaflow catalytic converter fell apart inside causing a terrible exhaust rattle. Might be related to the hit it took back when the oil pan was damaged in 2021. I replaced it with a new one.

ECAZIw3h.jpg

I said this in a post 2 years ago but I'll say it again: this car continues to exceed my expectations. I can't really believe it. Especially given how poor my LS swapped Jaguar experience was. If I've taken anything away from the Jag stuff, it's how much I appreciate the Volvo swap. Not to toot my own horn, but I can't believe how "right" I got it with this thing.

03fW8uHh.jpg

It was taken on a decent number of trips this year, one of them being Canada in March shown above. The most significant was a road trip along the outer banks, across the state of North Carolina, and back north through the Smokys and Shenandoah. The southern part of Blue Ridge Parkway is incredible and I highly recommend it. Here's some pictures from that trip:

V3ciXIBh.jpg

Oh25OxRh.jpg

w4pyNxIh.jpg

One cool thing I was able to do on this trip was stop by the Sheetz in Mebane where I signed the title for this car. I even reached out to the previous owner to see if they were interested in seeing the car that day but they did not reply to my email. Oh well. The Sheetz had torn down and rebuilt since I was there last so pictures aren't really that exciting, but here they are anyways.

fYtHrwNh.jpg

Pel1SoCh.jpg

And last but not least, big news: I've moved to Montana. And I'm not so sure the Volvo will survive out here if I keep taking it to trailheads, lol. The roads are no joke out here and I'm definitely thinking about an SUV or truck, or just something newer since breaking down out here can be a little more dangerous than in more populated states. But my new place is fairly small and doesn't have room for three cars. And I like my 180k-mile salvage title E91 BMW enough. And this Volvo? Well, I don't really think I can sell it at this point. It would be cool to have enough time, space, and money to put the Volvo aside and do a full restoration on it with new paint and a not leaking transmission. But until then I guess I'll just have to keep using it.

So that's the update. Here's a picture of the U-Haul and a rough National Forest road.

EPNb6y0h.jpg

YNirY2eh.jpg

Back