• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

That clock is just rad, great find by your lady friend. Also, what a difference on the door sill, I love the amount of detail you’re putting in.

Looks like it's almost ready for another run up the mountains, this time hopefully without losing an axle mount

No problem. :cheers:
nice I will get that

That clock is just rad, great find by your lady friend. Also, what a difference on the door sill, I love the amount of detail you?re putting in.
She's awesome. We both love this clock. Thank you

Polishing aluminum back to its former shine is so satisfying. Nice progress, looks great.
:nod:
i7npS1Zh.jpg

Looks like it's almost ready for another run up the mountains, this time hopefully without losing an axle mount

:oogle:

Just installed a machined timing cover with b23/230 crank seal
pz1Hzffh.jpg

did a valve adjustment, regaped the plugs, tuned the carbs, installed a rare Mallory electronic dizzy, runs great again. I need to mount the coil in properly

Fmi9w40h.jpg

went for a drive :-P

CenWhY3h.jpg

HVXl83eh.jpg

imceus3h.jpg

F9JxTSLh.jpg

8gHvYJAh.jpg

Looks like an awesome place to cruise the old volvo!

my favorite drive around here.

today I installed a Bosch coil the right way. I still need to clean up the wiring. One of these days I need to take everything out and repaint in there
b18Dp5Kh.jpg

wired up a windshield washer pump, it even works. I polished the plastic a bit too
jXstxR6h.jpg

I got tired of it droning at 65-70 so I had a shop weld in a magnaflow - omg so much quieter now
looks like I need to tighten the rear swaybar link on driver side

TDYDk4Mh.jpg

Never seen these before, that's interesting. I doubt the regular gasket will have the right provisions for the swivel shaft (for lack of a better term). Have you checked in a parts catalog for an OEM part number ? You can send that P/N to VP and they'll match it up with what they have.

Never seen these before, that's interesting. I doubt the regular gasket will have the right provisions for the swivel shaft (for lack of a better term). Have you checked in a parts catalog for an OEM part number ? You can send that P/N to VP and they'll match it up with what they have.

according to HIPer they are NLA

Rear door vent windows were only available on B16 Amazons.

The part numbers for the seals are 657925 & 657926 but they're NLA.

according to HIPer they are NLA

We must have spoken telepathically (either that or you spoke to my brother).

in rubber?

will also be adding the B16 dashboard extensions. I wonder if all this stuff stopped being offered because Volvo was trying to save money. I love the early stuff on these cars

LsXa6mEh.jpg

It's what continues to draw me to Jensen built P1800's eventhough Jensen did a horrible job of assembling them. (sooooooo much lead....)

A friend claims he has the ability to reproduce rubber seals, I'll shoot him a text and will let you know what he says.

Back