• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 5 cylinder...scratching a 10 year itch

After some fighting I got the wheels to seal and took it for a test drive on the Compomotives. One of the lips has a bend in it, so it looks like I'll be doing some rebuilding of them over winter. Right now they're 15x7 and 7.5, and I'm thinking I might take the opportunity to make the rears something more fun like 9"
hL5Do2pl.jpg

An annoying little maintenance thing, the dash vents stopped working in the HVAC. Turned out to be the solder joints in this little control module
FEtWqrIl.jpg

I had a spare from a low mileage 960 which also was showing cracks, so I just resoldered both.
Hard to capture in a picture but it was the top few that were obviously cracked. I'm guessing they're the power feed for the 6 solenoids inside, and without good power it just seems to default the system to windshield vents.
CPoE12xl.jpg

I also noticed one side of the J/Y power steering rack is showing signs of leaking, so time to get on rebuilding the ZF core I got my hands on. I started another thread for little side project:
Here

What was your method?
These old Compomotives were a bit funky with two large o-rings (3mm x 320mm OD!) between the barrels. I tried sealing it like most modern 3 pieces, with a bead of silicone but it kept coming back with huge leaks. Finally found a place in the U.K. called Tameson that stocks O-rings that massive

Back